Thread: Religion-Rules Lawyer

Loves You.
    (not the good way)
    Blog Entries

Religion-Rules Lawyer

So the typical Christian teachings I have received all my life were belief in God and asking forgiveness of sins was the ticket to heaven. So this may not be the best place to ask, nor the correct forum but I donÂ’t really care at the moment. Obviously being an atheist is a sure ticket to hell if The Christian God I was raised on is the right answer... But, my question is can you still get into heaven if you hate the mother fucker?

I don’t recall the “you have to love God” being a stipulation and I thought it would spur an interesting discussion. So if this costs my possible immortal soul please try to get some good one-liners in here.
    First rule of Plunger Club is you do not talk about Plunger Club.
    Twitter @plungerclub

Elder Arcanist

Re: Religion-Rules Lawyer

So the big question that immediately pops into my head is if you really hate God why would you want to be in his presence for eternity?

Just playing devil's advocate to your heresy(?)

Loves You.
    (not the good way)
    Blog Entries

I suspect the amenities would still be better than lakes of fire.
    Twitter @plungerclub

Elder Arcanist

So are you actually an atheist if you believe in God and hell or do you just call yourself an atheist as a shortcut to "I can't stand the religion I grew up with"?

Loves You.
    (not the good way)
    Blog Entries

Genuinely don’t have a good answer. I haven’t committed to atheism. I don’t really have a problem with the Christian ideals. Some things are stupid, but that could be the 11th commandment. I basically want to know if you can hate god, but follow the rest of the rules and get into heaven.
    And I’d like to know how I fucked up the privy post and got me some weird fucking A’s in their.
    Twitter @plungerclub

Loves You.
    (not the good way)
    Blog Entries

And apparently turns previous into privy. But I can appreciate that as well
    Twitter @plungerclub

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

as said before
    been at the edge of death got a return ticket, part of why I'm a bit weird

that which is "god" doesn't give a FUCK about being worshipped, stupid ignorant cowardly damn Humans want to force folk to think alike so they won't be scared, or to use religion as a con, or a bully
    from my experience I think God might be a sort of zeitgeist of benign consciousness/spirits, and it became self aware or some such
    "heaven" and God are not in our Universe they are outside "causality" and Time

from Gospelffo St |Thomas
    "If the flesh has come to be because of spirit, it is a marvel—yet if spirit because of the body, it would be a marvel among marvels"

God cares, it is incredibly compassionate and wise, but doesn't or can't interfere, which is just as well, for inw ays it's SCARIER than Absolute Evil which also exists
    the old story of heaven and hell being dining rooms in which everyone is tied to chairs and must use spoons tied to stick,s so the good folk help each other eat and the evil ones bawl fight and starve, IS very apropos
    Absolute evil is eternal darkness an abyss where utterly selfish people fall for ever because they can't and won't care about others

God does NOT punish

Technically speaking, an atheist is a devout believer that there is no ruling deity of any kind, where as an agnostic is one who does not believe there has been enough proof for a higher power as has been presented by society, but will not rule it out.

Forum Sorcerer
    Lurking from the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Mordlu View Post
    So the typical Christian teachings I have received all my life were belief in God and asking forgiveness of sins was the ticket to heaven. So this may not be the best place to ask, nor the correct forum but I donÂ’t really care at the moment. Obviously being an atheist is a sure ticket to hell if The Christian God I was raised on is the right answer... But, my question is can you still get into heaven if you hate the mother fucker?

I don’t recall the “you have to love God” being a stipulation and I thought it would spur an interesting discussion. So if this costs my possible immortal soul please try to get some good one-liners in here.
    A father loves their children. Would hate from the child turn the Father? (answer , even if the father does not show it. Very few actually hate their children. The invisible sky wizard supposedly is not that type.) According to scripture, God loves his children even if they don't love him back. I'm not sure about the one religion thing being the only way to get to (insert your name for heaven here). According to Christian faith, we are to accept Jesus and try our best to follow his example/teachings on how to live.
    Greed is for amateurs. Chaos, disorder, anarchy...now that's FUN!

Kirin Tor:
    Toccke- Archmage of Gnomeregan (retired)
    Shlemm-Rogue of grand mischief(retired)
    Dorra - High Priestest of Iron Forge (RIP)

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Before the crucifixion and the ressurection, no.

But, once Christ died, his sacrifice covered ALL of our sins.

The new rule is "As long as you believe in him and believe that he died for your sins, you go to heaven".

Whether you like him or not.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Merrick ap'Milandra View Post
    Before the crucifixion and the ressurection, no.

But, once Christ died, his sacrifice covered ALL of our sins.

The new rule is "As long as you believe in him and believe that he died for your sins, you go to heaven".

Whether you like him or not.
    What if you do right all of your life, help the disadvantaged, love your family, etc, but you don't believe Jesus was the Son of God? You believe that Jesus was a great man who did right by everyone, but not the Son of God, mostly because you don't believe in the concept of God as depicted in religion. Do you still go to heaven?
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}