Thread: Jon Stewart Rips Congress over Aid for 9/11 Responders

Elder Arcanist

Jon Stewart Rips Congress over Aid for 9/11 Responders

Jon Stewart brings the thunder to Congress today over failing to provide funding for healthcare programs for 9/11 responders:

Damn straight, Jon!

Buckeye Wizard

Re: Jon Stewart Rips Congress over Aid for 9/11 Responders

Yep, he did a good job.
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

Mangina at large.

Is there a story that lists exactly who skipped the hearing?

Elder Arcanist

Evidently the room was set up for a full committee meeting but the meeting itself was only the subcommittee. Still, it doesn't change the complete lack of action Congress has done on this. It's not like this is a new problem. They all will continue to ignore this issue and in another year we will get another video of Stewart calling Congress worthless pieces of shit because we keep voting these assholes back into office. They don't listen to us because we don't make them listen to us.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Dramadon View Post
    Evidently the room was set up for a full committee meeting but the meeting itself was only the subcommittee. Still, it doesn't change the complete lack of action Congress has done on this. It's not like this is a new problem. They all will continue to ignore this issue and in another year we will get another video of Stewart calling Congress worthless pieces of shit because we keep voting these assholes back into office. They don't listen to us because we don't make them listen to us.
    And the longer it drags on, the more of these responders pass away, so I guess Congress is hoping the problem just goes away eventually.

I was a volunteer firefighter for 25 years and a volunteer EMT for 15 of those years. I know that mindset that let these responders rush in to help the victims, often without regard for their own well-being, so this story really gets to me.

Lost Bard
    Even More Lost Bard

It was a good and cathartic speech, but all the coverage of it misses the real takeaway. Every democratic member of the sub-committee was there, the missing members were most of the republicans. He shamed the people who have no control over the people without shame, so what was the point?

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Why care about these dirty stinking useless Plebs?
    there's always plenty more of them and why do they need money, they just waste it when their masters need it and spend it more wisely!
    they will die soon and thus why bother with all this?

/sarcasm mode set to boiling hydrofluoric acid

this is standard operating procedure, as 've said for ages, you see it so much over here
    when Parliament meets to discuss disabled issues you literally only see maybe 30 to 40 MPs out of 650
    the Uk Establishment has for decades denied and let die of f ALL such victims of industrial or government accident or criminality or war
    they DID fuck my mother over in same way, letting a toxic X ray dye be used that crippled her, when the calls to do something about it got too much, they sold the remaining stocks ot Africa to cripple folk there
    they DID fuck some of my relatives who worked in the coal mines over same way, dragging out the inquiries etc until they died off
    the Asbestos victims who were left alive by time they got compensated had ot pay 2/3rds of it to the fucking LAWYER cunts
    etc etc
    ad infinitum

on day after I'm gone you might remember what I've told you all for years, sigh

nearly all Tory and Republican politicians should be guillotined.
    not gonna happen though as the system is stitched up back and front (Snowden only scratched the surface), NOT Democracies, kleptocracies that are destroying our countries and our world