Thread: Brie Larson might play a live action version of Star Wars character Ahsoka Tano

Elder Arcanist

Brie Larson might play a live action version of Star Wars character Ahsoka Tano

The Diversity Warrior is whitewashing another character...

Lost Bard
    Even More Lost Bard

Re: Brie Larson might play a live action version of Star Wars character Ahsoka Tano

Oooo, I'd love to see Ahsoka on the big screen. And whitewashing, lol. Clearly they should have found someone orange to play the role.

Formerly: Xlarge
    Elder Arcanist
    Criminal in APB

Re: Brie Larson might play a live action version of Star Wars character Ahsoka Tano

Ahosoka was awesome in many ways in SW:Rebels, hopefully just before she shows up in season 2 is when they have a her story. As far as brie, IDK, because it doesn't matter as much as the the script is far more important.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Good for Brie Larson, glad she's snagging potentially high profile roles while she's still got recognition.

99% Bacon Free
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ruldar View Post
    Oooo, I'd love to see Ahsoka on the big screen. And whitewashing, lol. Clearly they should have found someone orange to play the role.
    Trump wasn't available.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Ruldar View Post
    Unfortunately, the only orange person alive is busy pretending to be President.

Mangina at large.

That has to be the single worst video ever posted here, and that's saying something. The title of the video has nothing to do with the article shown in the video:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...nd-off-screen/

The article, btw, rehashes an offhanded comment Larson made in a February interview that she was a big Star Wars fan and would love to be a Jedi like Sam Jackson was. And that's it. Nothing new on that front. There's zero in the article, or the Instagram post that was the basis of the article, to indicate that Larson would play Ahsoka Tano, or was even interested apart from that general interest from February in being a Jedi. Not that you could tell from the video, which was the creator huffing silently for most of it. Commentary? Fill in the blanks, folks!

(I was able to find a video by the Geeks and Gamers guy explicitly saying that Larson is trying for the role. His evidence? The Instagram post is too over-the-top to not be a setup, and that character hasn't been "SJW'ed" (his words) so Larson would love to do that to it. This is how you end up with people with guns in pizza places looking for pedophiles.)

The original poster of this thread filled in those blanks. Not only was the video's title taken at face value, it was pushed further and called "whitewashing". Of an orange alien. Voiced, without accent (that I heard, checking the first ten minutes of a 45 minute "Ahsoka's arc" compilation video on Youtube), by Ashley Eckstein:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley..._(cropped).jpg

The only way I could make that picture whiter is if I Photoshopped a pumpkin spice latte in her hand. What is wrong with people?

Lost Bard
    Even More Lost Bard

Thank you for watching the video so we didn't have to.

Disappointed that there's no surprise Ahsoka movie in development.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    That has to be the single worst video ever posted here, and that's saying something.
    Ironically, I only got curious and clicked on it because you said this. I was initially delighted, as it is only four minutes long, but then I realized what you meant by this:

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    Not that you could tell from the video, which was the creator huffing silently for most of it. Commentary? Fill in the blanks, folks!
    Understatement of the year.

Now I will play devil's advocate. It's presented as a reaction video, so the reaction is what is important. It doesn't necessarily have to have commentary. Yes, reaction videos are garbage.

But my god is this particular reaction obnoxious. I'm sure it's intentional. She is playing to an audience that will find it amusing, and if everyone else gets annoyed/pissed off then all the better.

P.S. I took the whitewashing thing as a slam on Larson, not as an honest concern. Though after watching the video I have to wonder if it was bait to trick us into watching huffle puff here hyperventilate.

I have never liked reaction videos and I think its stupid they often trend higher than the actual trailers for things. I guess people really want to see some so called "social media influencer" complain about a trailer more than the actual trailer.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld