Thread: Batman will become a teen vampire heartthrob

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Batman will become a teen vampire heartthrob

Robert Pattinson in talks to play ‘The Batman’ for Matt Reeves and Warner Bros.

I've never seen any of the Twilight movies, despite the Significant Other being a fan. How good are they?

Elder Arcanist

Re: Batman will become a teen vampire heartthrob

I'd label the Twilight movies as "forgettable", but I wouldn't judge Pattinson's ability to pull off Batman based on them either. He's had many years to mature as an actor so I'd give him a fair shot. If the director thinks he's good for the role, maybe he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramadon View Post
    I'd label the Twilight movies as "forgettable", but I wouldn't judge Pattinson's ability to pull off Batman based on them either. He's had many years to mature as an actor so I'd give him a fair shot. If the director thinks he's good for the role, maybe he is.
    Also even he admitted to doing Twilight for the money.

I will admit he is cute enough to play Bruce Wayne.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

I didn't watch those movies, so don't know if he is a good pick or not, but I can't read this thread and not remember this comic. Tee hee.

Shortpacked - False Equivalence

Edit: Time flies when you are old, and I was curious if he was "old enough" now, or if he still looked like a moody teenager.

I think he could probably do it. Gloomy brooding is like half of Batman's personality, and the other half is punching things.
    Last edited by Wool; May 16th, 2019 at 11:15 PM.

Elder Arcanist

Pattinson has done a lot of solid indie work since he got done with Twilight, he's a great actor. Just look at movies like Good Time he's done. Fingers crossed this has a good script.

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

And the primary antagonists are supposed to be Penguin and Catwoman.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...221424182.html

Why not just re-release Michael Keaton's Batman Returns?
    Last edited by Mileron; Yesterday at 12:15 PM.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Mileron View Post
    Why not just re-release Michael Keaton's Batman Returns?
    Because it sucked.

Buckeye Wizard

lol
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

I don't get it.

Why are they getting rid of affleck?

What is the fucking deal with DC/WB and their superheroes? They can't pull off a decent franchise for shit. Why the fuck do they keep rebooting their actors?

I don't fucking understand this shit. They've gone through more Bruces than Bonds at this point.

Batman Returns was honestly pretty good, From there onwards until Dark Knight however those were total crap. Pretty much the whole live action period between Burton and Nolan was shit.

As for why DC is always rebooting, Now you know why Marvel Studios built a whole big road map ahead of time and signed the contracts accordingly. This is why the MCU is now the most valuable movie franchise, Its made more than Star Wars and Bond afaik(box office, I Imagine if you include Merch than Star Wars is till untouchable). They made sure to have long term continuity.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Tinthalas Tigris View Post
    Why are they getting rid of affleck?
    It sounds like he chose to walk away:

Ben Affleck Explains Why He’s Done Playing Batman: ‘I Couldn’t Crack It’

Granted, though he says he "just couldn't come up with a version," that doesn't necessarily mean he and the screenwriter didn't have any ideas -- it could mean that he simply couldn't concoct a story that was also palatable to the studio, and then gave up rather than keep fighting The Man. Or we could take it at face value, that he just couldn't figure out a story that worked for him.

Either way, ultimately it seems like it was his choice to move on.