Thread: Batwoman (CW)

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Batwoman (CW)

Probably won't see this get released until after this year's CW crossover event.

Elder Arcanist

Re: Batwoman (CW)

No, probably before. Looks like Batwoman is part of the CW crossover event

https://news.avclub.com/the-cws-cris...-ar-1834821273

The CW is once again preparing to one-up the MCU by announcing that its annual Arrowverse crossover will clock in at five hours. Oh sure, it’ll happen over the course of two days and you’ll be able to get up and use the bathroom during commercial breaks, but it’s still an impressive move from a little group of TV shows that aren’t even remotely on the radar of the biggest movie series on the planet.

Anyway, The CW is pulling this off by including all of the Arrowverse shows, even Legends Of Tomorrow (which stayed out of this season’s Elseworlds crossover) and the brand new Batwoman TV series.

Elder Arcanist

She was a part of last years crossover as well.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Looks cool. I'm almost tempted to watch it (I don't make a lot of time for TV).

Is there an existing CW DC universe explanation for why Batman is missing? If it's something that happened on Arrow or something feel free to spoil it.

P.S. One thing I've seen a lot of grief about with superhero properties in general (particularly Supergirl) is that a fair amount of fans are upset that the people that make these movies and shows won't "let the main characters be gay". I wonder if they will appreciate or are looking forward to this. I'm a little surprised I heard about it here first.

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Wool
    Is there an existing CW DC universe explanation for why Batman is missing?
    Not yet. Batman has barely been mentioned on the other Berlantiverse shows. In the early years, TV was second fiddle to the movies. The shows could only use characters that the movies didn't want, which is why Arrow had to kill off Amanda Waller when Suicide Squad was coming out. That meant no Batman. But then there was a shift in DC's thinking, and the shows can now use anyone they want (which is why Supergirl had Superman on, finally). I imagine now that Gotham is over we'll see Batman, in some form.

Elder Arcanist

I think Batwoman is intended to replace Arrow when it goes off the air. Arrow is only slated for half a season next year. I'm thinking the crossover event will end up ending the series.

Mangina at large.

Likely, on crossover ending Arrow. In this year's crossover, Oliver "sacrificed" himself in the future to save Kara and Barry, and in this season of Arrow we saw Oliver's grave, marked "2019". Felicity also said that she hadn't seen him in a very long time during the flashforward, so he's not been on Earth. That indicates series finale.

But I don't know about Batwoman replacing Arrow. Batwoman is scheduled for a Fall premiere, so it will be on concurrently with Arrow. It's likely a replacement for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which ended this season and was a full-season show, and will likely shift Black Lightning into being a Spring show, to fill iZombie's slot.