Thread: The Free Game Offers Thread

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

The Free Game Offers Thread

So sometimes a company gives away a game for free for a limited time. This is often done to get you to use their service, and we all have various ways of sharing this information. Sometimes I make a thread for it, sometimes I put it in a thread that already exists. I've begun to wonder if it would be better to have them all listed in a single thread as they come up.

I've set up a poll so anyone with an opinion can help me decide. I'm not sure myself. https://www.graffes.com/forums/showt...-Game-Opinions

Time limit on that is 30 days.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Re: The Free Game Offers Thread

As a trial run, the first offer I'm posting in this thread is Age of Wonders 3 at Humble Bundle. By this posting, the offer ends in 19 hours.

I'm fairly certain I've seen some of you talking about this one before. I used to think it was a fantasy spin off of the Age of Empires series, but it's apparently a 4X style game made by a different studio entirely. The big new feature in this one is apparently an rpg system and a leader/hero character you can create.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Humble Bundle has launched what they are calling a Spring Sale, and part of that is Guacamelee for free. Humble Bundle - Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition I caught this one early so the time limit as of this moment is 2 days.

Guacamelee is a luchador themed Metroidvania game. That is, it's a 2D sidescroller where you explore large connected environments and use newly acquired abilities to reach new areas. The combat is a little different from a typical Metroidvania and is more like a brawler or pure action game. Overall it's pretty good.

The Epic Games Store has also launched a seasonal sale. They are offering a free game every two weeks. Stories Untold now - May 30th, and Rime May 23rd - May 30th. I don't know what Stories Untold is, but Rime is one of those artsy 3D adventure games where you explore an environment and solve puzzles to progress, with each environment themed. I personally did not care for it, but I know the central themes in it (which I won't spoil) resonated with a lot of people.

All hat & no cattle

Thanks for the tip - I snatched up Stories Untold. Although I never heard of it before, it might be interesting to try out at some point :-)