Thread: 3 pin [molex?] extension cords

3 pin [molex?] extension cords

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F152188991289

I am looking for 3 things.

Four (4) extension cords of various lengths.

One (1) or more Y adapters

One (1) wall wart or adapter of some kind.

I am not certain on these fans' amperage, so I do not want to cut wire for these myself. I am sure it is only around 0.1 amp, but even so, I would prefer to stay modular unless I have to.

Re: 3 pin [molex?] extension cords

Anyone?
    They seem to be 3 pin ide interface, but molex also comes up with them. I think i just need the ide sockets, plugs and thin cords and the 12 v wall wart.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Do an Amazon search for "PWM Fan Extensions" or splitters.
    "Complaining is the modern metagame" - BNet forums

Awesome. Thank you Nadiar. PWM. I never would have figured that out were it not for you. Thank you very much.

Also you might still have to do some splicing as I do not know of any wall warts that have hookups for PC style fans. As far as I know the R and the B are the only wires that carry power on a 3 wire fan the yellow I think is for speed monitoring by the motherboard in their normal usage. Of course keep in mind straight wire to a 12v wart means it will run at full speed always.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Yeah. I found a couple of build options that do adapt, but nothing direct

Forum Visitor

3 pin molex extension cords

I know its not the same, but I have the 5 pin one and use it for 3D. Love it. Having the retina lock is just that extra bit of help to get things more accurate. I would really recomend them.