Thread: Aennyil Locked for 7 days

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Aennyil Locked for 7 days

People have been getting pretty heated in the political threads, and several members made reports at each other yesterday. Aennyil was one of the people reported, but he never made a report about anyone, so it is unlikely action would have been taken on his behalf. While in a normal situation, we would have been able to discuss this like the adults I'm pretty sure we all have to be at this point, instead what I got was a PM to the effect of "if Moderators aren't going to proactively patrol threads, I can do what I want, right?" which coincided with a post where Aennyil did exactly that and directly attacked another user.

That kind of takes away any reasonable ability of the moderators to do anything fair, because at that point everything is off the rails. Political threads have always been a landmine of trolling, frustration, and arguing. It makes it a massive hassle to wade through and decide how to intervene fairly. The only moderator I see not involved in the thread would just leave the thread locked, but I think it can hopefully stay open. But people should calm down, and realize this is a forum full of people stubborn enough to still be here. You're not going to win any arguments by screaming at people or threatening to leave.
    "Complaining is the modern metagame" - BNet forums

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Re: Aennyil Locked for 7 days

Stuff it, poopydrawers!

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

You could have gotten an appeal, but I'd need to post all of the PM messages you sent, and repost the 3 total messages that lead to you being banned. Which would include the ones where you reiterate you don't care about the rules, and would continue breaking them anyway.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hopefully the additional time I've given you allows you to rethink your position on civility as something everyone in society should work towards, not just the people you don't like.