Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE POST YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

Re: THE POST YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

No. There was an advertising summit combined with a game of blitz.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Bonlainy View Post
    At least I'm not alone in my feelings that a defensive player should have been MVP: No Votes for MVP for Defense
    Eh, Gilmore was always getting toasted in key situations when played for the Bills, so fuck him. Plus, he let Brandin Cooks streak right past him for what would have been a game-tying TD if Goff had put more zip on the pass and if Jason McCourty hadn't sprinted full-out from 20 yards away to break it up in the nick of time.

Hightower was OK.

But you have to score to win. Without Edelman, the Patriots don't get into scoring position. You could even argue he helped the defense by taking a little bit of pressure off of them -- the Patriots held the ball for 33 minutes vs. 26 for the Rams, and a lot of that had to do with Edelman getting eight first downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Demon View Post
    There was football game last sunday?
    Yes, and a very good one. Your loss if you missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    Yes, and a very good one. Your loss if you missed it.
    You and dmitry are the only two people i have noticed saying it was a good game. The most boring i have seen since the first one i watched 30 years ago at 9ers vs rams

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Tinthalas Tigris View Post
    You and dmitry are the only two people i have noticed saying it was a good game. The most boring i have seen since the first one i watched 30 years ago at 9ers vs rams
    The 49ers-Rams NFC conference championship game was a one-sided 30-3 blowout because Mike Holmgren's offense went wild and the Rams' Chris Evert (Jim Everett, whatever, it's Chris Evert) was always an overrated quarterback.

The Patriots-Rams Super Bowl was a taut, competitive game until very late in the fourth quarter. The fact that many people are saying it's boring means they don't actually like football.

This was brilliant defense on both sides and the game deserves plaudits for that. And there were noteworthy offensive performances -- Edelman did his job close to perfectly, Gronk came through in key moments as a receiver and blocked well throughout for a Patriots running game (Sony Michel averaged 5.2 yards on 18 carries) that delivered a clinic in grinding the clock. If you don't appreciate that, you don't appreciate football.

Sorry. Said rams, and meant broncos. 9ers,broncos.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Tinthalas Tigris View Post
    Sorry. Said rams, and meant broncos. 9ers,broncos.
    That was boring because it was the worst blowout in Super Bowl history. This past weekend's game was nothing like that.

Elder Arcanist

Defense is only fun to watch if you give a shit about one of the teams. 8 or 9 punts in a row is boring.

That said, I won't say it was a bad game as both teams played very well. A lot of people say Brady played poorly, but that happens when the defense is doing what they are supposed to be doing.

The game was a snoozefest for most people. I do agree with PPatty though, blowouts are worse. If the game is a blowout I don't make it past halftime before I start finding other things to do or watch. I actually did watch this whole game because I wanted to know who would win. So there's that.

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramadon
    Defense is only fun to watch if you give a shit about one of the teams.
    My buddy was a DB in university, so he gets a lot of enjoyment out of defensive battles. I don't enjoy it at all - I fell asleep watching the Super Bowl this year - but I'm also not a big football fan in general.

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    That was boring because it was the worst blowout in Super Bowl history. This past weekend's game was nothing like that.
    No. It was a remarkable game by how CLEAN it was. Both teams played quite well. But cslling plays as a spectator by the book has no surprises or relishing moments.

THIS IS WHAT BOSTON IS LIKE NOW ALL THE TIME IT SEEMS LOL HAHAHA