Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THE POST YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

Re: THE POST YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

Robert Kraft is worth 6.2 BILLION DOLLARS and he gets caught on video getting a HANDY from a PRO! MY TEAM IS THE BEST TEAM EVER!!!

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Tinthalas Tigris View Post
    They might arrested, but if they are a bail state, they pay it, and they do not tell anyone.
    And then they end up on this site for anyone to see anyway.

Sorry, but the idea that celebrities are being unfairly singled out for crime reports isn't true at all. Do they draw more attention? Of course, but that's true for everything they do, not just crime -- if a celebrity gets married or donates to charity, it gets a lot more ink too.

If patronizing prostitutes gets celebrities raked over the coals, they have only themselves to blame, not the law.

You are absolutely right about that. I'm not arguing it, either. But it just goes to my center line of beliefs that prostitution is another silly element of prohibition/vice law wasting time and money.

Legalize it, Tax it, regulate it.

Probably the best way to fight traffickers too, Would be hard to compete with licensed and proven clean establishments.

Thing is I dunno of prostitution is a federal thing, I mean could states on their own legalize it?
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Chaotic Good

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    Thing is I dunno of prostitution is a federal thing, I mean could states on their own legalize it?
    I think they can, isn't there that Bunny Ranch outside of Vegas?

Forum Arcanist

Kraft might be getting only prostitution misdemeanors on this bust, but I'm hearing indicators of trafficking charges for the spa owners. International and not interstate.

Elder Arcanist

This is sounding like it might be a much larger deal than just Kraft getting busted. That actually is the small potatoes stuff of this thing.

Mangina at large.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Dramadon View Post
    This is sounding like it might be a much larger deal than just Kraft getting busted. That actually is the small potatoes stuff of this thing.
    Yup, this is part of a human-trafficking ring, so the "stop criminalizing prostitution" crowd might want to pick a different case to get outraged about.

Au contraire. It minimizes trafficing, as sex workers require being lisences

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Au contraire. It minimizes trafficing, as sex workers require being lisences
    Kinda missing the point -- they're not going after this place because of the prostitution part, they're going after it because of the human trafficking part. Whether it would minimize use of illegal labor remains debatable; last time I checked, farming was legal in this country, and yet somehow, there are a ton of illegal workers engaged in it.

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    Kinda missing the point -- they're not going after this place because of the prostitution part, they're going after it because of the human trafficking part. Whether it would minimize use of illegal labor remains debatable; last time I checked, farming was legal in this country, and yet somehow, there are a ton of illegal workers engaged in it.
    The "illegal" workers, also called "migrant workers" are a class of laborers stated and protected in the 1983 Migrant and Seasonal workers act. They are not considered illegal aliens.

The sex traffic ring is obviously a mushroom just continuing to expand, but the issue with prostitution being a punishable crime is an issue related, but separate from human trafficing.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Im tired of hearing about people getting im trouble for giving some money to pay for services rendered, and then getting totally fucked for it because they're a celebrity.
    FWIW, prosecutors are offering to drop the charges:

https://outline.com/AfDCpJ

Elder Arcanist

If the bastard wants to fight it then just release the tapes and let the public make their own guilty/innocent determination. I know Dmitry and the rest of the Patriots sycophants will back Kraft and loudly announce him still being pure and innocent.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Lol. They're doing this so that they can avoid a ridiculous lawsuit which he can help just waste them money on.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Bonlainy View Post
    If the bastard wants to fight it then just release the tapes and let the public make their own guilty/innocent determination.
    "The public" doesn't get to convict or exonerate him. And if he fights it, prosecutors probably can't release the tapes before the trial; it would be much easier to release them if he doesn't fight it.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    "The public" doesn't get to convict or exonerate him. And if he fights it, prosecutors probably can't release the tapes before the trial; it would be much easier to release them if he doesn't fight it.
    You're right, and I worded that wrong. What I meant to say is if he does fight it and gets off on a technical issue or some such, then let the tapes be released and everyone gets to form their own opinions, which is exactly all they will be, opinions.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}