Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Trek: The Picard Show’s Timeline Explained

Mangina at large.

Re: Star Trek: The Picard Show’s Timeline Explained

What made me finally stop watching it was Sophie (Jennifer Coolidge). I could take the iffy and crude humour, but that character was as unfunny as anyone I've ever seen in a sitcom, and they kept giving her character tons of screen time.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Dramadon View Post
    To be fair, I generally dislike most sitcoms in general.
    In general means there are exceptions, yes? So what sitcoms do you like?

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    In general means there are exceptions, yes? So what sitcoms do you like?
    I liked How I Met Your Mother, I used to like Big Bang Theory although I don't enjoy it nearly as much anymore. There were other episodes of other shows I enjoyed but there's never been a sitcom where I made sure I watched it every week.
    Last edited by Dramadon; April 17th, 2019 at 04:22 PM.

Elder Arcanist

Star Trek Picard Production Delay. CBS at a Crossroads

Where behind the scenes issues are concerned, the Star Trek franchise has something of a chequered past – but the hotly anticipated Picard series has the potential to take matters to a whole new level. Production was scheduled to commence on Monday, April 15th of 2019. By all outwardly accounts, it did not.

In this video, we will explore the rumored production delay, its rumored causes, how long it might be before filming actually begins; the different paths available to CBS, and their likely outcomes.

Elder Arcanist

I know there are a lot of Star Trek fans cheering for the CBS All Access service to fail but outside of these videos nothing I can find suggests that it is doing poorly. In fact, they recently hit 8 million subscribers, which was two years ahead of their projections. That doesn't sound like a service that is "flailing". Now, it's possible that they are counting "partial subscribers", people who just sign up to watch Discovery and then quit, but if that were the case then that would suggest there would be more pressure to get the Picard series out, licensing be damned. I would think 3 more months of subscriptions would be more valuable to them for the long term health of the service.

I will say, the actual CBSallaccess app sucks donkey balls (I'm talking about the app itself, not commenting on content here). I can't get it to work on my PS4 at all so the only place I can use it is on my computer. Netflix and Amazon Prime work fine, but HBONow seems to have issues as well so it could be something to do with my PS4. My wifi connection is fine there and when I test it I get like 60+ MB/s on the speed which is far more than necessary to get an adequate connection.

Elder Arcanist

Industry reporting says production began.

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-pic...tarts-filming/

Elder Arcanist

Good, at least we will get this while he is still able to act.

Elder Arcanist

Was Star Trek Discovery So Bad Netflix Doesn't Want Picard?!

--

Gamespot article...

Star Trek Picard Show Will Be Released On Amazon Video Internationally

The latest season of Star Trek: Discovery might have come to an end, but fans won't have to wait long for the next show in the long-running sci-fi franchise. The currently-untitled series focusing on iconic Next Generation character Jean-Luc Picard arrives on CBS All-Access in the Fall, and it has been announced that the show will be released internationally by Amazon Prime Video.

The news comes via Picard actor Patrick Stewart himself, who took to Twitter to make the announcement. Stewart states that the show will be available outside the US and Canada on Prime Video. Sadly, the actor didn't reveal the title of the show--or when exactly it will be released--but presumably that will all be confirmed in the coming months. Check it out below.

Each episode of the Picard show will be released onto Prime Video 24 hours after its broadcast on CBS All-Access. In Canada, the show will be available on Space. Outside the US, all other Star Trek shows--including Discovery and older series such as The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and the Original Series--are currently available on Netflix.

While we don't yet know when we will see the Picard series, a few details have been released about it. The show will be set after the dissolution of the Romulan Empire, and according to Star Trek producer Alex Kurtzman, it will be a "more meditative" show than Discovery. "The mandate was to make it a more psychological show," he told the LA Times. "A character study about this man in his emeritus years. There are so few shows that allow a significantly older protagonist to be the driver...It'll be very different than Discovery. It'll be slower, more meditative. It speaks to the rainbow of colors we're playing with in all these different shows."

There are also several other Star Trek shows on the way. It was recently reported that an animated series aimed at a younger audience was in development at Nickelodeon. In addition, a Discovery spin-off starring Michelle Yeoh as Terran Emperor and Section 31 agent Philippa Georgiou is in the works, while Discovery itself has also been renewed for a third season. In addition, a series aimed at a more mature audience titled Lower Decks is on the way from Rick and Morty head writer Mike McMahan. For more Star Trek, check out GameSpot's guide to all the Easter Eggs in Discovery Season 2.

Disclosure: CBS Interactive is the parent company of GameSpot.

Mangina at large.

"In Canada, the show will be on Space." Music to my ears, woot! If only they were more aggressive in picking up other streaming shows, although I've been really happy with the latest one they got, Doom Patrol.

Elder Arcanist

Meanwhile, Star Trek Discovery was the most popular streamed show in the world in April. As many people as there are on the internet that are hoping for its failure, the data just isn't backing that up at all.

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-dis...treaming-show/

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Are there many people hoping for its failure? Or is it just a few people who whine on Youtube?

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    Are there many people hoping for its failure? Or is it just a few people who whine on Youtube?
    Judging from the data, the second one. But man do they make a lot of noise.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

I'm willing to believe they are a minority, but I wouldn't dismiss them too readily. The internet loves to indulge in negativity, and there are often financial reasons why someone is griping about something: it gets them viewers and clicks and monies. It wouldn't work if it didn't appeal to someone.

Elder Arcanist

Ellsworth M. Toohey

I wonder how long it will take for CBS to start selling bottles of "Chateau Picard" through an online store:

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Okay trailer. Was there anything new to be gleamed from this?

Also, were the lights in that last shot a reference? The vineyard obviously is, and I saw people mentioning the flute sound in the end. Anyone spot any others? Heck, part of me thinks the line "you led us out of the darkness" is a reference, even though the reference is a movie that has nothing to do with him, because it's such a cheesy line.

P.S. I've seen a lot of excited people and only a couple angry boys at it being in the Prime timeline, or whatever.

Forum Evoker

The lights could easily be a reference to the episode where he got kidnapped and was being brainwashed into seeing a different number of lights than what was actually there..."There are....4...lights!"

Elder Arcanist

I'm excited for this show.