Thread: Diablero

Elder Arcanist

Diablero

Just finished this series on Netflix and I was very impressed. The premise is all the angels have left so demos are free to ravage the planet as they wish. There are "Diableros" that go around removing demon threats and possessions...for a price. It's actually a Mexican show that takes place in Mexico City, but the dubbing isn't bad. Or, if you understand Spanish then you can just change the language settings. Anyway, if you are interested in something binge worthy I recommend that one.

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Re: Diablero

Thanks for the recommendation.

My spanish goes about as far as knowing to fear "la chancla" more than any wooden spoon my scandanavian/german/irish/english family used, and a few swear words, but I could stand a dub.

Sometimes my internet connection is so slow that the sound and video are out of sync anyway, and I watched a few kung fu movies that were dubbed before things came with subtitles.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Yeah, this show rocks.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Forum Evoker

Thanks for the recommendation. I've added it to my queue.

Subtitles probably won't bother me if the story is good enough. I watched 3% (great show if you're into that type of thing) and the first season was great but the subtitles started to annoy me when the second season wasn't as interesting to me.

Woohoo! More cinema to work on colloquial spanish! I will definitely start watching it.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonus View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. I've added it to my queue.

Subtitles probably won't bother me if the story is good enough. I watched 3% (great show if you're into that type of thing) and the first season was great but the subtitles started to annoy me when the second season wasn't as interesting to me.
    I watched 3% and feel the exact same way you do. I felt the same about season 2 too.

This show does not have subtitles, well, it doesn't have to have subtitles. I watched it with the voice dubbing option and got used to it very quickly.

Forum Evoker

Yeah, I read dubbing as subs for some reason.