Thread: 2018 Christmas Haul thread.

Mangina at large.

2018 Christmas Haul thread.

We're all old people now, so we don't get much, but we still get something - post it here!

Today, as I go to various family Christmas events, I get to wear this, my gift from my buddy:

https://www.amazon.ca/Official-Star-.../dp/B075MV6FKB

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Re: 2018 Christmas Haul thread.

Got a lined shirt, a box of Omaha Steak stuff and a bunch of gift cards, and I'm very content with that. These days I don't care what ppl get me for Xmas -- I just want to make sure I can get something for each of the ppl on my list.

In any case, Merry Christmas to everyone here

Forum Arcanist

For me, nothing but this was the best year for my kids. Got them a Switch, accessories, 10 games and a lot of other stuff they love. I started Christmas shopping in September, everything was purchased through some kind of deal or sale, saved hundreds of dollars overall. Best Christmas evah!

Buckeye Wizard

I did pretty well this year; got a 65" 4K Ultra HD TV and Blu Ray player and a bunch of 4K movies (Justice League, Wonder Woman, Independence Day, Deadpool). I got some nice decorations for my bar and a big batch of Baklava. I also got DC Super Stars #11 (Zatanna) which completes that series for me! -The best part is sixteen consecutive days off!
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

My sister gave me a gift that she said my three year old niece picked out herself. It was a bottle of water. She was beaming. I thought that was very funny.

I also got a DLC pass for Breath of the Wild, a personal fan to replace one that burned out, a Steam gift card, and the latest Jurassic World movie which I suspect was actually part of a theme, as my niece is crazy into dinosaurs at the moment (though I'm not sure she should watch this).

For my part I got her a book about dinosaurs and a stuffed T-Rex. The T-Rex was a last minute decision because it sounded like she wasn't getting that much, but boy did that turn out to be wrong.
    Last edited by Wool; December 26th, 2018 at 07:08 AM.

Elder Arcanist

Just some clothes and some beer. It was a pretty low-key year for us due to personal reasons and we spent over $20k on new siding last summer. So, our Christmas gift was a few months early.

The kids continue to make off like bandits. This is the winner though:

https://www.turingtumble.com/

My daughter loves it.

Overall, it was a nice year. My wife bought be a new truck box that has been in the garage since september (i don't enjoy opening /using gifts before Christmas) and i plan on taking my old one off this weekend, and putting this one on this weekend. I'm looking forward to leaving all my truck shit in there instead of in my truck.
    Got my kids a ps4, and it took about 6 hours to setup, just because our router was overloaded all damn day, and i think after 8 years, the damn thing took a shit. So, surprise expense, we have to buy a new one today.

Got some new boots and a handful of little things from my wife. We were both done shopping (for the most part) by early September, so that was a very nice feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramadon View Post
    Just some clothes and some beer. It was a pretty low-key year for us due to personal reasons and we spent over $20k on new siding last summer. So, our Christmas gift was a few months early.

The kids continue to make off like bandits. This is the winner though:

https://www.turingtumble.com/

My daughter loves it.
    Wow. This is impressive. I am not sure when we will gift this, but it is on my list, now. More expensive then I expected, but compared to some of the things we buy at the lakeshore learning store, it isn't much more expensive, overall.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Tinthalas Tigris View Post
    Wow. This is impressive. I am not sure when we will gift this, but it is on my list, now. More expensive then I expected, but compared to some of the things we buy at the lakeshore learning store, it isn't much more expensive, overall.
    It is a bit pricey, but it's worth it and money well spent.

Seriously. I need my kids to program my arduino. I don't have the time.

99% Bacon Free
    Blog Entries

If Santa didn't make it to your place, now you know why.

Elder Arcanist

Got $100 bill from my future in-laws (cash is always nice), and my fiance bought season passes to the summer shows at our local amphitheater, which is a crap shoot, but could be really good.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Just installed my truck box. Smaller than my previous one, but being new, as opposed to probably 10 years old upon purchase of my previous one, it actually locks and opens without banging on it.
    Now all the randomness which I kept in the cab of my truck is now in it and it is like the trunk of a car.

Tons of room in my truck! Yay!

Now, I might mess with the arduino builders kit - the other gift from my eye - tomorrow