Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Speaking of Endgame....

  1. #21

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    I do not feel that HRC is any more corrupt than any other family legacy political contender.

    That doesn't change that most people who are not for HRC believe that she is corrupt. Once someone has been smeared, it is difficult to clean it up.

    What trump has going for him is, "it's all fake" where as everyone else attempts to explain away a smoking gun, even if it doesn't exist.

    Sheep don't have time to listen to rhetoric. Trump's presidency proves that sheep believe what they want to believe and you either deny deny deny without rationale, or ignore it completely.

    As soon as a candidate acknowledges a smear, they are fucked.
    Last edited by Tinthalas Tigris; December 10th, 2018 at 03:07 PM.

  2. #22
    Formerly: Xlarge
    Forum Arcanist
    Criminal in APB

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,490

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Trump won because when Hillary got the Dem nom instead of Bernie this caused a large portion of democrats to became aware that the game was rigged. How do you win a rigged game? Get Jaded vote for the other guy or more likely just don't play, IE=Don't vote. Hillary was told she was going to win by the people who rig the game, She thought for sure she was going to win. They didn't forecast correctly how many votes they need to manipulate to make her win after they got rid of the real and natural popular vote that was for Bernie. In a world where most everybody is a good person, shit can only get this screwed up if someone is mucking around with the system.

  3. #23
    Elder Arcanist
    Khieran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,439

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbaar View Post
    Trump won because when Hillary got the Dem nom instead of Bernie this caused a large portion of democrats to became aware that the game was rigged. How do you win a rigged game? Get Jaded vote for the other guy or more likely just don't play, IE=Don't vote. Hillary was told she was going to win by the people who rig the game, She thought for sure she was going to win. They didn't forecast correctly how many votes they need to manipulate to make her win after they got rid of the real and natural popular vote that was for Bernie. In a world where most everybody is a good person, shit can only get this screwed up if someone is mucking around with the system.
    Despite all that, I think she still would have won if Comey hadn't said anything about her emails on October 28. Of course, after the big press conference he held clearing her back in July, he really didn't have a choice. But, given that he did that, he should have also mentioned that Trump's campaign was under investigation as well. If you're going to give voters information, give them all of it, not just part.

  4. #24
    Lost Bard
    Even More Lost Bard
    Ruldar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,942

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbaar View Post
    Trump won because when Hillary got the Dem nom instead of Bernie this caused a large portion of democrats to became aware that the game was rigged. How do you win a rigged game? Get Jaded vote for the other guy or more likely just don't play, IE=Don't vote. Hillary was told she was going to win by the people who rig the game, She thought for sure she was going to win. They didn't forecast correctly how many votes they need to manipulate to make her win after they got rid of the real and natural popular vote that was for Bernie. In a world where most everybody is a good person, shit can only get this screwed up if someone is mucking around with the system.
    This is nonsense and I refuse to let it stand. A majority of Dem primary voters did not want Bernie, and as a result he did not win. Sure, leaked documents which were all time-stamped from after Super Tuesday (at which point Bernie mathematically had no real chance left) showed that people were annoyed about him staying in and fighting until the convention, but that is not the same as the system being rigged.

    Hell, the DNC bent over backward to let someone who wasn't even a real member of the party run. IMO as someone who was still registered R at the time, they should have told him to fuck off right up front.

  5. #25
    99% Bacon Free
    Merkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,356
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruldar View Post
    This is nonsense and I refuse to let it stand. A majority of Dem primary voters did not want Bernie, and as a result he did not win. Sure, leaked documents which were all time-stamped from after Super Tuesday (at which point Bernie mathematically had no real chance left) showed that people were annoyed about him staying in and fighting until the convention, but that is not the same as the system being rigged.

    Hell, the DNC bent over backward to let someone who wasn't even a real member of the party run. IMO as someone who was still registered R at the time, they should have told him to fuck off right up front.
    Of course they let him run when they knew HRC already had the super voters (or whatever that's called) all sewn up. Disclaimer: the viewpoint of we here in California is skewed toward Bernie.

  6. #26
    Lost Bard
    Even More Lost Bard
    Ruldar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,942

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Quote Originally Posted by Merkus View Post
    Of course they let him run when they knew HRC already had the super voters (or whatever that's called) all sewn up. Disclaimer: the viewpoint of we here in California is skewed toward Bernie.
    That's arguably not really true considering Hillary won the primary there 53 to 46.

  7. #27

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Yeah, unfortunately, he didn't even poll better than her in a single district.

    I was gunning for sanders, but he still would not have won against trump.

  8. #28
    Elder Arcanist
    Dramadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,543

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinthalas Tigris View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately, he didn't even poll better than her in a single district.

    I was gunning for sanders, but he still would not have won against trump.
    I don't think you can say that. Bernie would have had energy that Hillary did not. The campaign would have been very different.

  9. #29
    Ellsworth M. Toohey
    PPatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    30,939

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Photo caption game: What is Chuck Schumer thinking here?


  10. #30

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    Photo caption game: What is Chuck Schumer thinking here?

    "i told her i would come by for just a photo and be home in time for lunch."

  11. #31
    99% Bacon Free
    Merkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,356
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    The day in pictures (so Donnie can understand).

  12. #32

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinthalas Tigris View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately, he didn't even poll better than her in a single district.

    I was gunning for sanders, but he still would not have won against trump.
    I think he would have beaten Trump just because he would not have come with the same baggage and no FBI investigation that magically got reopened right before the election. Which I still think was absolutely planned there was no reason to come out with that right before election other than to alter the election course.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

  13. #33
    Elder Arcanist
    Dramadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,543

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    I think he would have beaten Trump just because he would not have come with the same baggage and no FBI investigation that magically got reopened right before the election. Which I still think was absolutely planned there was no reason to come out with that right before election other than to alter the election course.
    You know, the other day Comey pleaded people to fight the Trump administration and all I could think of was, "Too bad you didn't recognize this threat at the end of October, 2016, asshole". I'm glad he's come to his senses but he will never be able to run away from his role in all this.

  14. #34
    99% Bacon Free
    Merkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,356
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    This cracked me up!

  15. #35
    Formerly: Xlarge
    Forum Arcanist
    Criminal in APB

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,490

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Your right the game is not rigged, what was I thinking. “I care not who you vote for, as long as I count the votes.” The same crap was seen in 08 with Ron Paul. Many people in multiple districts voted to have the nomination voting be non-anonymous, so everyone in the district knew that everyone else voted. Then when they called in to verify what the number they submitted, it was reported back incorrect, many time drastically different than what they submitted.

  16. #36
    Elder Arcanist
    Khieran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,439

    Re: Speaking of Endgame....

    Cohen sentenced to 36 months in prison

    Not in this article, but he was also ordered to forfeit $500,000, pay $1.4 million restitution and $50,000 fine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •