Thread: SpaceX Falcon9 Up close

SpaceX Falcon9 Up close

Well since I am at Blizzcon I figured I had a day to blow after badge pickup on Thursday (show is not until friday and saturday). So I went on down to Hawthorne to see a big ole rocket stage. Its really hard to describe how big this thing is. Looks so thin and small on stream/TV.

spacex_falcon_9_by_filanwizard-dcqxicf.jpg
    bottom_part_by_filanwizard-dcqxiav.jpg
    more_f9_by_filanwizard-dcqxibf.jpg
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Re: SpaceX Falcon9 Up close

I haven't been there yet. Didn't even know that it was on display. I think Hawthorne is home to a fish store that i have not yet been to, though, so maybe i can make a day of it with the kids.

Long drive from ACC though. Traffic. Eeesh. Hats off to you.

I parked at the lowes nearby. Drive was not too bad though, Better than the one into University City in Philadelphia.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

I can't imagine what's necessary to recover, refurbish, and re-use the stages.

Cool stuff, either way.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.