Thread: Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - Oct 23rd

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - Oct 23rd

The Witcher 3 was a big success, and many aspects of that game are still heralded as best in their class even today. One somewhat unexpected part of the game that people quickly became obsessed with was GWENT, the collectible card game included as a mini-game within the larger whole. It was so successful that they began developing a stand-alone GWENT game soon after. It's been in a free beta period for so long that I don't even know if it is officially done and released yet.

Anyway at some point they decided to add a single player campaign of some sort, which has itself ballooned into an all new stand-alone game itself. That's what Thronebreaker is. Now they could have just slapped a few story beats in between regular matches and called it a day, but they seem to have put a fair amount of effort into turning it into a well-rounded package.

Very positive impressions of this so far, and it apparently takes place before the Witcher 1 so I might be safe from Witcher 3 spoilers. (yeah still haven't made time for it)

https://www.gog.com/game/thronebreak..._witcher_tales

Buckeye Wizard

Re: Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - Oct 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by Wool View Post

Very positive impressions of this so far, and it apparently takes place before the Witcher 1 so I might be safe from Witcher 3 spoilers. (yeah still haven't made time for it)
    Oh my goodness! For shame!

It really is awesome.
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

All hat & no cattle

I didn't find the whole Gwent part much fun, so I skipped that part of Witcher 3. But really, Wool, you should play Witcher 3. It's that good, although it can be a little bit intimidating because it's such a content-rich game, especially if you also include the expansions.
    Still the base game was really cool and worth it all the way through. Just don't get too diverted with the many many side-quests :-)

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Yeah I know. I actually own both it and the DLC, but I haven't gotten to it for a couple reasons. The main one being that my PC is pretty dang old at this point, it's the same one I was worried wouldn't run Inquisition. I also want to play it when I have nothing else going on, so I keep putting it off. It, Dark Souls 2/3, and Breath of the Wild have been in perpetual "later, I promise" mode.

Edit: To clarify, my cpu only meets the minimum requirements. Replacing it would require a near complete overhaul. If the game really is that good, I want to be able to run it with a good frame rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Finkelstein View Post
    Just don't get too diverted with the many many side-quests :-)
    Unpossible. I even did all the side crap in Amalur, which was notorious for way too much side stuff padding out the game needlessly.
    Last edited by Wool; October 25th, 2018 at 12:06 AM.

All hat & no cattle

Quote Originally Posted by Wool View Post
    Yeah I know. I actually own both it and the DLC, but I haven't gotten to it for a couple reasons. The main one being that my PC is pretty dang old at this point, it's the same one I was worried wouldn't run Inquisition. I also want to play it when I have nothing else going on, so I keep putting it off. It, Dark Souls 2/3, and Breath of the Wild have been in perpetual "later, I promise" mode.

Edit: To clarify, my cpu only meets the minimum requirements. Replacing it would require a near complete overhaul. If the game really is that good, I want to be able to run it with a good frame rate.

Unpossible. I even did all the side crap in Amalur, which was notorious for way too much side stuff padding out the game needlessly.
    I can understand the point about not having the computer you want to play it, but saving it makes little sense to me, because basically you're playing worse games than the one you could be playing right now - That's a waste of good gaming time! :-D

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

That might be true for a normal person with limited gaming time, but it doesn't make a difference for me because I know I'm going to play all the same games anyway. The order only matters if I wait too long and something else I play grossly overshadows it.