Thread: Halloween Costumes in Workplaces -- If yours encourages it, what are you doing?

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Halloween Costumes in Workplaces -- If yours encourages it, what are you doing?

For the first year since 2005 (the last time I wore a costume in a workplace), I decided to try to put together a costume I've wanted to for years.

My hair and beard are at the right length.

I'm a tiny bit heavier than I want to be, but I'm going as tan robe, shorts-wearing, half-and-half sniffing, sandals trodding, $0.69 check writing levels of the Dude.

I've been looking for a proper robe for 3 or more years, but I'm excited to walk into work with a white-russian-looking drink (we have a coffee thing that makes similar looking stuff, and I can bring in a glass) and seeing how many people catch the reference.

I'm boning up on dialogue, because I haven't seen the movie in ages, but I'm curious as towards the rest of you.

Any big plans?
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Re: Halloween Costumes in Workplaces -- If yours encourages it, what are you doing?

Here's what I've been (that I remember):

A Hot Single (pinned a bunch of 45 and 78s to my shirt with popular singles from the 70s and 80s)
    A Deviled Egg (white tshirt with a yellow circle of felt, black magic marker dots for "pepper", and little green curls of felt as "parsley")
    A Pig in a Blanket (plastic dollar-store or Spirit/Halloween store pig snout, and a blanket)
    A Sim (friend made an actual Sim tetrahedron/selection indicator as a hat, with light and everything)
    Young Hagrid (black pea coat, Halloween store wig, plastic staff, Gryffindor scarf)
    Alien Invader (Alien mask, golden long alien "robe")
    A Fat Knight (same robe, cardboard "bracers" wrapped in tin foil, plastic sword)
    Dirty Laundry (laundry bag with holes cut for head and arms, with clean socks and dish towels clothes-pinned here and there with extra clothes pins elsewhere)

That's all I can remember right now. I've been dressing up for 13 years at work, so the cobwebs of memory are a bit fuzzy.

Chaotic Good

Re: Halloween Costumes in Workplaces -- If yours encourages it, what are you doing?

My current work doesn't do anything, but my go-to costume would be fine if they did.

I have a nice Doctor Horrible outfit handmade by a goth/cosplay seamstress who had a store on ebay. She asked for pretty serious measurements to make it fit right and I love it.

But this year my 5 year old and I have been singing a few songs from The Greatest Showman together, so I am going to build a ring master outfit. Used this as the base: Steampunk/Gothic overcoat. Going to add some black lapel trim and those gold thread epaulet-like patterns.

Elder Arcanist

We do a big Halloween party here at work every year, with a costume contest, Jack-o-Lantern carving and chili contest. Below is the favorite one I've done, which I also wore to help a co-worker with a Haunted House he put together.

axeman.jpg
    Attached Images
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Elder Arcanist

Hmm, tried to take the huge photo out and replace it with the small one, but it still put it in there, and in edit I don't see how to get rid of it.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Chaotic Good

Quote Originally Posted by Bonlainy View Post
    Pics
    Very nice indeed!

I will be going as Cobra Kai Jonny

99% Bacon Free
    Blog Entries

I work from home so every day can be a costume party.

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Holy shit, that is SUPER COOL!
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

99% Bacon Free
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merrick ap'Milandra View Post
    Holy shit, that is SUPER COOL!
    Thanks! I found it in a shop up in Monterey this summer and all their steampunk masks were discounted 50% so I couldn't pass it up.