Thread: Taylor Swift gets political

Elder Arcanist

Taylor Swift gets political

Never been a fan of her music, or her, really, but with this she gains some respect from me, and not just because she is endorsing Democrats but because of her statement on why.

http://www.newser.com/story/265642/t...paign=20181008
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Re: Taylor Swift gets political

apparently some alt-right nutsos call her a traitor now... Because OMG she used her first amendment rights to voice why she is not backing someone without really ever once making a targeted insult.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Mangina at large.

Voter registrations have spiked up sharply after her comments (boo to the bad pun at the end of the article):

https://gizmodo.com/taylor-swift-cau...r-e-1829618381

Some of the real far-right types that loved her as their perfect Aryan Barbie are calling all this a ruse to hide the truth about her beliefs from others. Whatever helps them sleep at night, I guess. I love all the Twitter comments about "nine years ago, if you'd told me Kanye West would be a Trump supporter and Taylor Swift a Democrat...."

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    apparently some alt-right nutsos call her a traitor now
    I'm sure she'll shake off the criticism.