Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saudi Arabia may have murdered someone in their consulate.

Mangina at large.

Re: Saudi Arabia may have murdered someone in their consulate.

He got into a fist fight during an interrogation! It still works!

Elder Arcanist

"He left the consulate shortly after he arrived." (despite there being no video of him leaving)

"Sure, you can come in and inspect the consulate. We're just tidying up a bit for you, and putting on a fresh coat of paint. Those rooms were scheduled to be painted already. They've been on the calendar for at least 2-3 hours."

"He might have died at the consulate while we were questioning him, but it was totally an accident."

"OK, look, he started some shit against 15 guys and things went badly for him. During the scuffle, he fell on this bone saw that we just happened to have brought with us, like you do, and unfortunately he died. No, you can't see the body."

What's next? "Oh, he just fell apart!"

As much as I don't want to hear the recording... I think it's about time for the Turkish consulate to release the recording they have. If it's as gruesome as they've been describing it, the "fist fight" theory will be shredded.

I bet if this had been a reporter for Fox News, Trump would be at the throats of the Saudis... I would not at all be surprised if his feet dragging is less that the guy was not an American citizen and more that he works for the Washington Post.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Mangina at large.

I think it's more about the Saudis being at fault here. Trump is about realpolitik. He's close with the Saudis, they help against the real enemies of America in the region like Iran, they buy a lot of American stuff like weapons. He's got every reason not to throw them under the bus, even though they'd cheerfully throw him under a bus (and dismember the corpse) if he dared to talk negatively about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schezar
    As long as you know you're dreaming.
    I should have mentioned this when I posted the "oops" article. From that article:

Quote Originally Posted by Article excerpt
    The crackdown has largely been led by a powerful security apparatus, known as the State Security Presidency, created and led by bin Salman.

In dispatching Ahmed al-Assiri, the deputy intelligence chief, bin Salman has lost a key ally.

Assiri is believed to have been chief architect of the war with Yemen, and was previously the Saudi-led coalition spokesman in the kingdom's war against Yemen's Houthi rebels.

The two-star general's position as spokesman made him a household name and he was soon part of the crown prince's inner circle.

According to several sources, he chose the team involved in Khashoggi's disappearance.
    The guy who is getting the blame for this clusterfuck is the guy planning out the Yemen conflict. It's still a dream, but there is cause for hope that once he's gone, the pressure from the international community will at least lead to a temporary ceasefire. Fingers crossed.