Thread: Reef a palooza, SoCal

Reef a palooza, SoCal

My FW club is repping this weekend at reef a palooza. First show of its kind I have ever gone to, and it is a ton of fun. (ridiculous expenses on incidentals like parking and food though).

IMG_20181006_105051-1856x1044.jpg

Mangina at large.

Re: Reef a palooza, SoCal

Those shows can make a lot of money for the people running them. My father's vintage car club recently got a slice of the money from a vintage car show. This is a club that had a passionate debate about whether their dues should be $5 or $10 per year (plus the amount that gets sent on to the national chapter). They pulled in $5000 from their share of the show.

I was trying to do the math on the way home.

The sheets raffle tickets were 20 bucks a piece. Depending on the size of the booth, they determined how many donations each team had to have besides their both rental (which was supposed to cover charges for the event alongside the muggle entrance fee, and the 10 dollars from room proceeds).

All rooms sold out, and so did the event.

There were over 2000 sheets of raffle tickets sold.

99% Bacon Free
    Blog Entries

I thought you said Reeferpalooza.... nevermind!

I know. EVERYONE thinks it is what I say.

Almost everyone who attended though was vaping stuff outside.

Mangina at large.

No, Reeferpalooza happens in three days in Canada.

I am still processing everything I came home with.

These raffles are a blast. People always gravitate toward the big zed, but I dropped single tickets in a bunch of the little prizes.

Took home a full set of the new Coral Essentials Pro dosing chemicals from Australia. Also a Cetus 2 pendant light with spectrum control via android or apple as well as a bunch of other odds and ends i put tickets in and won.

At the end of the day on Sunday, the rep form Aqueon walked up to me and asked if I could move the display box of chemicals and additives they brought. I thought she meant carry it to her truck, but she said she just didn't want to take it home/ship it back. So she GAVE me a box of over $1000 in tank supplements. I've never owned so many of these things at once. Great quality stuff, too. All of Kent's aquatics line of reef keeping.