Thread: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Boba Fett type of stuff? Jon Favreau as writer and executive producer? At the very least, I feel compelled to give it a shot for a few episodes.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

Re: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Omfgw

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Is this instead of the movie? Set shot looks good. I like that they allude to this being a new character. I'm also really curious to see stuff in that specific part of the timeline.

I wasn't too hot on the name at first. I don't think many people who aren't diehard fans are going to get the reference. It seems to me that it would be better to name it something evocative of some of the themes they will explore. Then it occurred to me that they probably chose this name because it is what the people in the world actually call the main character, as sort of a folk legend. Like "The Gunslinger".

Elder Arcanist

Mandalorian, Pandalorian, or Trandalorian?

Lucasfilm is notorious for pushing the woke gender neutral agenda. A good examination of Sequel Trilogy era stormtroopers, will show that the decidedly male design elements from the Original Trilogy stormtroopers were severely suppressed in the new designs. The chest area and the codpiece in particular.

There was also the sexually ambiguous armor of the Solo character Enfys Nest which was worn by a woman, and was purportedly supposed to be a big revelation until toy companies let the cat out of the bag on their packaging before the film was released.

It also brings back to the fore a story about a fan being “shut down” by the Star Wars Facebook page, in the following exchange. As Business Insider reported it, the Star Wars Facebook account posted an image of Captain Phasma concept art, after Lucasfilm proudly bragged that Captain Phasma was a woman many times.

People immediately began commenting excitedly on the artwork. Except one Facebook user, who decided to leave a sexist comment instead.

“Not to be sexist, but it’s really hard to tell that’s female armor for me,” wrote Cody Paul in a comment that appears to have since been deleted.

Star Wars quickly put the troll in their place. “It’s armor. On a woman. It doesn’t have to look feminine,” the Star Wars Facebook page countered.
    So we have no idea if this character is a man, or a woman, or anything else until we see what’s under the helmet. And even then we may not know.

However, recently a fan of Solo: A Star Wars Story expressed disappointment that Lucasfilm did not follow through with making Lando Calrissian pansexual, as he and Donald Glover had seemed to indicate that they would. To which Mr. Kasdan replied:

Was Jon Kasdan referring to The Mandalorian? Only time will tell.
    So "the other side" are the fans that expect new SW to taste like old SW?

Lost Bard
    Even More Lost Bard

A good examination of Sequel Trilogy era stormtroopers, will show that the decidedly male design elements from the Original Trilogy stormtroopers were severely suppressed in the new designs. The chest area and the codpiece in particular.
    Are you fucking kidding me.