Thread: Maniac (Netflix)

Elder Arcanist

Maniac (Netflix)

I've watched the first few episodes. It's really not my style of show but I'm kind of digging it. Maybe it's because Emma Stone and Jonah Hill are in it and I've never seen either one of them do a poor job acting. Or maybe it's just because Emma Stone is in it.

Still, the show is very weird in this 60's, psychedelic way. I imagine if you are a fan of the weird Kubrick stuff you'd enjoy this show.

Re: Maniac (Netflix)

Is this the one based on a Stephen King work?

I keep seeing the sdvrtt6, but am finishing mad men, first.

Maybe I will try it out this weekend.

Elder Arcanist

I don't know if Stephen King wrote it or not. Given the tone and what weirdness of it it would certainly be in his wheelhouse. It's about two people who go into a pharmaceutical test and things get screwy when the AI computer gets depressed. I would say it's definitely worth trying out, although the first two episodes are just basically introducing the main characters. Give it to episode 3 at least.

Buckeye Wizard

Wife and I just started watching this on a whim the other day. It's interesting, and kinda funny lol.
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E