Thread: So, Voca....

Mangina at large.

So, Voca....

...did you go meet the others?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ight-1.4816417

Quote Originally Posted by Article excerpt
    He met her at a bar, but she only gave him her first name — Nicole — and the wrong number.

But Carlos wasn't deterred, and decided to try to track down his missed connection. On Friday he wrote an email with the subject line "Met you last night and you gave me the wrong number," and sent it to every Nicole, Nicky, Nikki, Nicolette and even Nik at the University of Calgary — all 246 of them.

The email didn't immediately reconnect Carlos and the original Nicole — but it did connect the rest of the women, who bonded over the odd situation and decided to meet up on Friday.

Re: So, Voca....

This sounds like shit i did in highschool, only the gals i liked didn't *have* AIM.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Meanwhile a Becky somewhere in Canada decides to not visit that bar again.

P.S. One thing that never occurred to me until I heard people talking about it on a podcast, but romantic comedies have taught men that extreme and ridiculous lengths of persistence is romantic and not stalkery. I mean she gave him the wrong number on purpose right?

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Wool View Post

P.S. One thing that never occurred to me until I heard people talking about it on a podcast, but romantic comedies have taught men that extreme and ridiculous lengths of persistence is romantic and not stalkery. I mean she gave him the wrong number on purpose right?
    Yeah, when the number "Nicki" gave you goes to "Big John's Truck and Tow", she is probably ditching you...

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran View Post
    Yeah, when the number "Nicki" gave you goes to "Big John's Truck and Tow", she is probably ditching you...
    Or she's doing you a favor. How big is Big John's truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Wool View Post

Guilty.

In high school, anyway. I was a major "romantic" creep back then.

Got over it by the time i got laid a couple times.

A good friend and i talk about this sort of thing a bit though. Especially our modern "no means no" verse the one we had back then.

No meant no back then, and we were both too scared to even get that far with a girl, but now, No seems to mean you might already have a social media campaign agaonst you leading to a lawsuit and jail time.
    Last edited by Tinthalas Tigris; September 10th, 2018 at 08:47 AM.

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Wool
    I mean she gave him the wrong number on purpose right?
    The article says she (the real Nicole) thinks he didn't enter the number right when he tried to call her (implying she gave the real number), and that she would meet him again for coffee, but just as friends. So it could be she's covering that she blew him off.