Thread: Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan

Buckeye Wizard

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5057054/

Who's all watching this? We've just caught the first few episodes so far, but it's an amazing start! Way better than I expected. I expect we'll binge watch the rest of them quickly.

On a related note, the main actor visited Colbert with a fucking hysterical bit:

Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Re: Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan

No matter how hard he tries, he'll always be Jim from The Office.

Elder Arcanist

I watched all 8 episodes in 2 days, and that was with school in session. It's safe to say I thought the show was fucking amazing. I really loved how they modernized the stories, but you can still see where they were able to fit in parts of the books and even the movies. I'm really looking forward to season 2.

Elder Arcanist

I was wainting to see the general leanings of people before diving into this. Thanks for the opinion Nerkahia!

Forum Apprentice

Watched it. Loved it. Tried to make it last by watching 1 episode a day and failed.
    I agree with Dramadon on liking how they modernized it and kept true to the characters/story.
    I really liked how they made the terrorist a real person who does evil things and needs to be stopped. Not just a terrorist, and because he's a terrorist he is evil and needs to be stopped.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Tagoe View Post
    Watched it. Loved it. Tried to make it last by watching 1 episode a day and failed.
    I agree with Dramadon on liking how they modernized it and kept true to the characters/story.
    I really liked how they made the terrorist a real person who does evil things and needs to be stopped. Not just a terrorist, and because he's a terrorist he is evil and needs to be stopped.
    The only part of the series I didn't get was the drone pilot storyline. I mean, it provided some interesting moments and perspectives but I just don't see how it was in any way related to Jack Ryan, the CIA, or the alpha or beta storyline of the series.

Buckeye Wizard

It might have a bigger impact next season.

Finished this up and absolutely loved it! The ending was incredible!

Can't wait for season 2!
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Nerkahia View Post
    It might have a bigger impact next season.

Finished this up and absolutely loved it! The ending was incredible!

Can't wait for season 2!
    Possibly, but man, that's playing the long game.