Thread: College Football 2018

Ellsworth M. Toohey

College Football 2018

Let's get it started with Urban Meyer:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ohio-state-...221320520.html

I'd say I'm shocked, except that is a college football coach we're talking about, so ... no.

It's always a "See no evil, hear no evil" attitude until someone is caught (personally, I don't have a problem with that, because I don't see sports as a paragon of morality; but most people do have a problem with it, and organizations have to heed that if they want to remain viable).

Buckeye Wizard

Re: College Football 2018

Heh. We're ranked 3rd this year and you open with this. ,l,, -.- ,,l,

I'm torn and see both sides. Not sure why you need to crucify the employer for the actions of an employee. Moral obligations? I can see that, though it was only allegations.

On the other hand, in today's day and age, why WOULDN'T you fire the guy?
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

Elder Arcanist

I was just going to make this thread. Iowa State fans are really scared they will lose their coach right now.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Nerkahia View Post
    Heh. We're ranked 3rd this year and you open with this. ,l,, -.- ,,l,

I'm torn and see both sides. Not sure why you need to crucify the employer for the actions of an employee. Moral obligations? I can see that, though it was only allegations.

On the other hand, in today's day and age, why WOULDN'T you fire the guy?
    It's one thing to say "it was somebody on his staff" but it's another thing to be actively involved. He knew about this and then got up and lied about it. Ohio State has a mandatory reporting clause employees are supposed to follow and I've read there are multiple parts of Title IX that he is in violation of. What's worse is I've read rumors that suggest this wasn't just "Urban Meyer knew", but the entire coaching staff knew. Ohio State fired Tressel over some tattoos. I don't see any way they can do anything but fire Meyer for this.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Dramadon View Post
    Iowa State fans are really scared they will lose their coach right now.
    Edit: Oh, I think I get it now -- they think he's gonna get poached? Not gonna happen at this point in this season, and anyway, I doubt a prestige program the caliber of Ohio State is going to hire a guy just because he posted two winning seasons at a small school, even if they did score some big-name victories last year.
    Last edited by PPatty; August 1st, 2018 at 07:01 PM.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    Edit: Oh, I think I get it now -- they think he's gonna get poached? Not gonna happen at this point in this season, and anyway, I doubt a prestige program the caliber of Ohio State is going to hire a guy just because he posted two winning seasons at a small school, even if they did score some big-name victories last year.
    Well, it wouldn't be until after the season is over but never underestimate what Iowa State fans think of their own value.