Thread: Went to fireworks tonight....

Elder Arcanist

Went to fireworks tonight....

...and I can't say I enjoyed myself very much. Nothing against the show itself, it was actually very well done (albeit some of the songs were a bit to politically charged for my tastes) but my issue is deeper than that. I just don't feel very patriotic these days or very proud to be an American. I'm actually embarrassed and increasingly terrified.

The same thing happened to me at Disney last week. We went to see the Hall of Presidents and I was forced to watch a robot Donald Trump recite the oath of office. It took every ounce of willpower not to stand up and scream Bullshit and Traitor. Probably should have but the MAGA's in the crowd probably would have shot me.

Re: Went to fireworks tonight....

I feel you.

Im still proud to be American among my coworkers, but some of our customers make me roll my eyes.

Most contractors have bumper stickers that might as well say Seig Heil.

Forum Arcanist

I wouldnt worry about it, others have yelled at the animatronics for you. I'm sure you can find them on youtube; the peacocks do like to display their virtue.

Elder Arcanist

I watched fireworks last night just for the show, I try not to place any other ideals to them, they are just shows. While I am still proud (and consider myself lucky) to be an American I am not proud at what our current regime is doing and will most likely do in the future. We're definitely the butt of many jokes from our (former?) allies, and that is absolutely embarrassing, but things will change eventually. Hopefully we won't be too far gone to recover.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Mangina at large.

Look on the bright side: Joey Chestnut broke the hot dog eating record today. 74 hot dogs in 10 minutes. U-S-A! U-S-A!

Ellsworth M. Toohey

There ought to be a companion contest for digestion: Whoever produces the most fecal matter in a set period of say, 24 hours, gets a prize.

(yeah, yeah, Trump/Clinton/politicianorhucksterofyourchoice would win, hardy har har, I get it, joke's old)