Thread: Scotland melts...

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Scotland melts...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44683637

Scotland 'breaks temperature record'

Scotland has recorded its hottest ever temperature, according to provisional figures from the Met Office.

On Thursday 28 June, a temperature of 33.2C degrees was measured in Motherwell, North Lanarkshire

and oh so many on Graffes and Mage Tower years ago REFUSED to believe GLobal Warming was anything other than a "Commie liberal hoax"
    ah huh

least it means I'm not shivering (literally, extremely sensitive to temperature now, if it isn't roasting I get the sniffles etc)
    When the Old Guard dies,
    The cowards in the shadow rise,
    Their vile plots of cowardice and greed,
    Poison the land and nightmares arise,
    To terrorize and murder the common man.

(and as usual, please forgive typos and crankiness if possible)

Mangina at large.

Re: Scotland melts...

Scots with tans? Abominations! Red or white, nae between!

I saw a short video today of a bridge in Chicago being doused with water by a fireboat because the metal had expanded from the heat so much that it reduced the clearance under the bridge by too much for standard boat traffic. That's hot.

On temperature sensitivity: my younger sister used to be that way, even complained it was too cold in Hawaii once. But once she'd had two kids and wasn't as rail-skinny as she had been, it went away. Is it strictly a nervous system issue with your illness, or could a little extra weight help you out?

I saw 40c while driving to get lunch today here in NJ.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Chaotic Good

Yeah this was borderline brutal and it's only the start of July.
    I'm scared of this year's August in NJ.

/sounds like a song. August In NJ. Fountains of Wayne should get on that.

I hope Salem Point nuclear is ready because I am loving the AC right now.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist

A warmer Scotland just means more golfing time at Trump's golf course...

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    Scots with tans? Abominations! Red or white, nae between!

I saw a short video today of a bridge in Chicago being doused with water by a fireboat because the metal had expanded from the heat so much that it reduced the clearance under the bridge by too much for standard boat traffic. That's hot.

On temperature sensitivity: my younger sister used to be that way, even complained it was too cold in Hawaii once. But once she'd had two kids and wasn't as rail-skinny as she had been, it went away. Is it strictly a nervous system issue with your illness, or could a little extra weight help you out?
    yeah we just go like, lobsters

iirc, hypothalmus is screwed up in lot of folk with this illness, so we either have problems with heat or cold
    I'm a "fat bastard" now (sigh) but feel cold at really silly temperature, anything below 20C is COLD to me
    (note it does, like everything else, fluctuate with how sodding bad this illness is, varies even over an hour or two)

gotta keep the heating at 25C to be comfortable, 27C in Winter and that's still not hot enough

at night I often heat up and sweat like a bastard, regardless of season or temperature

Quote Originally Posted by Ackar View Post
    A warmer Scotland just means more golfing time at Trump's golf course...
    yeah, more time in these bright Northern nights tae shyte all over his tees!

Scotland: land o' the midnight scum!

trump-protester-scotland-640x480.jpg
    Last edited by Silverblade-T-E; July 2nd, 2018 at 07:19 PM.

It was 91 degrees fahrenheit last night, outside

No prison can hold me!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade-T-E View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44683637

and oh so many on Graffes and Mage Tower years ago REFUSED to believe GLobal Warming was anything other than a "Commie liberal hoax"
    ah huh

least it means I'm not shivering (literally, extremely sensitive to temperature now, if it isn't roasting I get the sniffles etc)

Haggis doesn't melt, it ripens. Ya commie liberal hoaxer.
    ------------------------------------------
    I *AM* the Chinpokomon master!

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Schezar View Post
    Haggis doesn't melt, it ripens. Ya commie liberal hoaxer.
    An' the mutant beastie chases after felonious fascist fucks, and rams 'em right up their ARSE, turning them into meat puppets for the dreaded Caledonian Colon Controller!!
    like a fart-seeking xenomorph doom puddin'!

and if it ripens long enough...they become...TRUMP!
    that explains why he's such an inhuman, bloated, bannock-skinned fuck-bunnet!
    his shyte pipe infested by the demonic remains of a satanic Highland sheepie, hell bent for revenge!

FEAR THE HAGGIS, YA CAPITALIST RUNNING DOGS!!

Forum Evoker
    Lurking from the shadows

ah huh

I'll remind you of that this winter about the warming when your under 30 feet of snow .
    Is Global climate change happening , I believe yes.
    Is man responsible or it is a natural cycle? I don't have enough information to say.
    Can we change it :maybe Will we change it? not with corporations running the major governments. USA, UK, China.
    Doesn't matter how many bottles I recycle (they use fresh resources to make more faster than I can recycle them), trees I plant (they chop them down after I leave and they are big enough for harvest. Or they just pave the area for a new housing,apartment,assisted living development, useless shopping center. (can't reuse abandoned stores , office spaces after all)
    Greed is for amateurs. Chaos, disorder, anarchy...now that's FUN!

Kirin Tor:
    Toccke- Archmage of Gnomeregan (retired)
    Shlemm-Rogue of grand mischief(retired)
    Dorra - High Priestest of Iron Forge (RIP)