Thread: BumbleBee (Transformers)

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

BumbleBee (Transformers)

Okay, I'm cheating, the trailer is due out tomorrow, but still. John Cena! for people who like him, I guess.

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Re: BumbleBee (Transformers)

Teehee

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

A love story between a girl and her robot car.

No prison can hold me!

Quote Originally Posted by Wool View Post
    Pretty sure I have fapped to that before.
    ------------------------------------------
    I *AM* the Chinpokomon master!

Elder Arcanist

The shape of chrome

Looks like a mix of herbie and iron giant and the director shut down laika to do this movie so it should be good. It will probably be the first transformers movie I actually watch.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Schezar View Post
    Pretty sure I have fapped to that before.
    Reminds me of a graphic novel I've mentioned on this board before. Still one of my favorites of all time, Time˛: The Satisfaction of Black Mariah --

Spoiler for Climactic scene. No naughty bits exposed or hinted at, but might be slightly NSFW:

Buckeye Wizard

Not a Transformers fan, but Bumblebee is awesome sauce.
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

Mangina at large.

First Transformers movie without Michael Bay, and you can feel it from what we've seen so far. I'm a bit more optimistic about this movie compared to when news of it first broke.

Tasty Danish

What's with this fascination of the cassette tape in recent years. I made mixtapes in the 80s, and I really don't miss them. USB sticks/The Internet is so much more handy.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    Reminds me of a graphic novel I've mentioned on this board before. Still one of my favorites of all time, Time˛: The Satisfaction of Black Mariah --

Spoiler for Climactic scene. No naughty bits exposed or hinted at, but might be slightly NSFW:
    Hehehe, vroom vroom vrooooooom. Hehehehe.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin View Post
    What's with this fascination of the cassette tape in recent years. I made mixtapes in the 80s, and I really don't miss them. USB sticks/The Internet is so much more handy.
    Yeah, I don't get it either. It's literally the worst form of delivering music. It sounds like crap and it's difficult to find the song you want to listen to.

I guess I should just continue to hold onto my CD collection because in another 10-15 years the whole "nestalgia" music delivery will bring them back.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Cassettes are retro. There has always been a fascination with old tech when people take for granted the modern marvels they have grown up with.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Vinyl still sounds the best, though, assuming the record and turntable are in good condition.

Tasty Danish

Cassettes are retro. There has always been a fascination with old tech when people take for granted the modern marvels they have grown up with.
    Ting is: These movies are written and directed by people roughly our age (the director is the exact same age as me, for example). I just think it's kind of pitiful that they need to ram their nostalgia down the throat of a new generation.

• Using a screwdriver to align the tape head of my C64 so I could get the game to load? Been there, done that. Never doing that again.
      Oh, by the way: The ONLY reason that I used a tape station with my C64, was because I didn't have the money to buy a floppy drive.
      Which brings us to:
    • Cutting a square out of my 5 1/4 floppy discs, so I could use them on both sides. Clever, sure, but failed a lot as well.
    • Installing Windows from a literal pile of 3˝ inch discs? Been there, hated that.
    • Making mixtapes for a party, only to have the tape being eaten by a shoddy cassette player halfway through the night? Been there, wasted hours on that.

I really, really, really don't understand why people are nostalgic about poorly working tech from 30 years ago. There's a REASON why it went the way of the Dodo.

If they wanted to go with the tape deck for the sake of a "it's very old"-meme, using one of those tape-to-USB converters would have worked just as well - and not been such a damned GotG ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty
    Vinyl still sounds the best, though, assuming the record and turntable are in good condition.
    See, I understand being into that. My childhood friends dad had a magnificent turntable and stereo, and we played the crap out of 12" maxi singles on that. Amazing sound.
    I know several audiophiles who worship their turntables, and the sound really is amazing. IF you're willing to spend the cash.
    Last edited by Dawlin; June 9th, 2018 at 01:53 AM.

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin
    Cutting a square out of my 5 1/4 floppy discs, so I could use them on both sides. Clever, sure, but failed a lot as well.
    I had a punch that made the correct mirror hole in a 5.25" floppy. It only failed when the floppy was a cruddy single side.

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    I had a punch that made the correct mirror hole in a 5.25" floppy. It only failed when the floppy was a cruddy single side.
    Heh, got one of those later. Like you said, that worked fairly well. Still wouldn't trade a 250GB SSD for one of those...

Mangina at large.

Trailer:

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

As someone who fell off on these hard, I would watch this. It looks fun. I'm a little confused about the timeline though.

Also, were the transformation animations always that good?

Buckeye Wizard

Also, were the transformation animations always that good?
    I'm not much of a fan of any of the movies, but I think one good thing you can say about all of them is the transformation animations always rocked.
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

Forum Arcanist

Im a big Transformers fan, its great to see them finally using something closer to Generation 1(original) style characters and moving away from the Bayformers style. Seeing Shockwave, Soundwave and even Prime in a more original G1 look is overdue. Hopefully this is the start to a sort of reboot.