Thread: Bohemian Rhapsody

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Bohemian Rhapsody

I'm not sure how there's not a thread for this yet.

My wife was, initially, very "meh" and when she heard a Freddy Mercury biopic was in the works.

Then we saw the trailer in front of Deadpool 2 and she was literally giddy. All and

Elder Arcanist

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody

For some reason I thought there was a thread on this as well, but I guess I saw the trailer and assumed there was.

I'm really looking forward to this, I've been a Freddie Mercury fan for a long time, and still consider him the best male voice ever in rock.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Bonlainy View Post
    For some reason I thought there was a thread on this as well, but I guess I saw the trailer and assumed there was.

I'm really looking forward to this, I've been a Freddie Mercury fan for a long time, and still consider him the best male voice ever in rock.
    All of this.

I am confused as to why (until DP2) there was so little marketing for this.

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eremius View Post
    All of this.

I am confused as to why (until DP2) there was so little marketing for this.
    Perhaps with the glut of other high-powered tentpole movies they didn't want to trickle out information and instead drop something that was going to preface a heavy-hitter with a bang and stay in the collective media notice for a shorter time?

Rami Malek has already been on Colbert and it was mentioned, but back in May 2017. I'm sure we'll see more about it later this year.

Tasty Danish

Disclaimer: I am an enormous Queen fan. When Freddie died, I wore a black armband for a week.
    ---
    There's been a lot of back-and-forth about this movie.

If I'm being totally honest, I want the movie to be about Freddie.
    He was and is the larger-than-life character, even though Brian May is the closest approximation of Buckaroo Banzai that we have.

I understand that two of the remaining band members want to tell their story as well (I don't believe that John Deacon has anything to do with the movie) - but I'm far more interested in hearing about midgets with cocaine trays and sneaking Princess Diana into a club.
    Freddie was also a very, very, very high-profile AIDS death, and that in and of itself is a significant story.

Will I go watch it? Probably. But Queen ended for me after the Freddie Mercury tribute concert.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"