Thread: Neo Geo Mini announced - 40 games to be included

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Neo Geo Mini announced - 40 games to be included

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ne.../1100-6458869/

The "official" list of games included has not yet been announced, but an "unofficial leaked list" here actually lists 30 titles - and four of them (like King of Fighters) with multiple sequel releases included.

I hope that's not the case, and I can't imagine those would be significantly different games to allow inclusion.

Or, was the Neo Geo game library that terrible? I only ever played a few coin-op releases of some fighting game in a pizza parlour in the mid 90s and thought they were "meh".

Re: Neo Geo Mini announced - 40 games to be included

It’s game library is certainly not Nintendo big. Remember games were $200+ a piece when the console was active.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

I mostly only knew Neo Geo from their arcade cabinets. It's probably telling that this thing's shell is a mini-cabinet rather than a mini-console. Aside from their fighting games, Metal Slug was pretty good. Good enough to be predatory with your quarters and have you still coming back for more anyway.

I think the most meh fighting game they had was probably Art of Fighting, which I enjoyed anyway. The others have various levels of notoriety in fighting game history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mileron View Post
    I hope that's not the case, and I can't imagine those would be significantly different games to allow inclusion.
    It probably depends on how big a fighting game fan you are. They usually have a lot of small changes that cause people to disagree on what their favorite is, and just having the biggest or newest roster isn't always enough. Just think how some PC people prefer previous patches or expansions in the games they play. If a fighting game character was analogous to a character class, you might think the third iteration (whether patch or sequel) completely broke said character.

The upcoming Street Fighter Anniversary Collection has five versions of Street Fighter 2. Five!

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries