Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL -- 2018-19 edition

Re: WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL -- 2018-19 edition

That Neutral Zone infraction was just dumb and ultimately cost them the game. They had a fucking INT killed because of a rookie mistake in the championship.

Anyway another Pats SB, Hopefully the Rams can beat them I mean the Eagles beat the Pats last year so it can be done.

Elder Arcanist

Welp, it is what it is. Welcome to the "Conference Championship Game is as far as we will ever go" Club Chiefs.

Any moment now I am sure the gnome will show up with his all caps bragging about goats.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    Any moment now I am sure the gnome will show up with his all caps bragging about goats.
    Nah, he doesn't hang around here much anymore. He might show up if Belichek wins the whole thing, though.

Mangina at large.

Tweet number one: the substitute gnome tweet:

Tweet number two: the newspaper troll tweet:

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    Both teams benefited from questionable reffing. Nothing as bad as the no-call in the 'Aints game, though.
    Yeah, the "no arm to the head" was offset by no-call on a pick play the other way on the next drive.

But yeah, that no-call in the earlier game was pure BS.

Bad thing is, my brother is a big conspiracy nut and thinks all these games are rigged for maximum ratings. He knew it would be the Rams vs. the Patriots in the Super Bowl because they are from the bigger TV markets. I humor him when I can

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    Nah, he doesn't hang around here much anymore. He might show up if Belichek wins the whole thing, though.
    Oh, you know he will then, he just can't help himself.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Honestly so far it’s felt lackluster. Especially compared to 52.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

I liked the first half -- it felt like good defense, as opposed to bad offense

Ellsworth M. Toohey

No doubt I'm in the minority, but I don't have a problem with how this game played out. Great coaching, and Tom Brady sucked and his team carried him to victory. I've said it before it here before -- Belichick is a great, great coach, and he did his best job ever tonight, running xs-and-os rings around McVay.

Halftime show felt emotionless to me, for the most part. Felt more like a music video than a live performance.

Commercials were forgettable or bad.

Elder Arcanist

I want my four hours back.

Defense is only fun if you give a shit about one of the teams.

Buckeye Wizard

I LOVE a defensive game as opposed to track meet offenses running hog wild every series. -Just wish the Rams could have pulled it off.

I liked the half time show. Pretty energetic with lots of fire and fireworks.

Commercials were lackluster. I think my two favorites were the Stella Artois commercial and the NFL 100th season ad.
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Nerkahia View Post
    Just wish the Rams could have pulled it off.
    Goff isn't really a great QB, and he would be nothing if the NFL didn't allow communication with the sideline until the clock is down to 15 seconds. As a pure passer he kinda reminds me of Tom "Overrated and Really Just Average" Brady, actually, although Goff is obviously far more mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerkahia
    Commercials were lackluster. I think my two favorites were the Stella Artois commercial and the NFL 100th season ad.
    The NFL ad was entertaining, now that I think about it, mostly for the game of identifying the ones appearing in it. I suppose it was nice to see that The Most Interesting Man in the World is still finding employment.

Elder Arcanist

I like the Amazon commercial with Harrison Ford. The Audi commercial was entertaining and the NFL 100 years advertisement was fun. Surprisingly there were no WTF? commercials this year.

So, this is still the WTF? leader:

had they made it I bet Foles would have run up the score again just like 52.

And yes the ads were forgettable except for a few. The Alexa ad full length was great with the space station controlling all the lights as was the Ford Dog one, Well at least he has a pallet of gravy train now.

Bud Lite, Game of Thrones was a surprising cross promotion.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    had they made it I bet Foles would have run up the score again just like 52.
    He only put up 14 against the 'Aints. Against this year's Team Belichick with two weeks to prepare? Forget it -- he wouldn't have had the benefit this time of Belichick benching one of his two best DBs for the big game.

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker
    Bud Lite, Game of Thrones was a surprising cross promotion.
    Anheuser-Busch wasted its money this year. Do they truly think people are going to switch from two other shitty beers to drink their shitty beer instead because of corn syrup? Like anyone takes health reasons into account when they drink bad pilsners, regardless of brand? At least the Clydesdales got a few seconds on camera and Bob Dylan got some royalties.

Elder Arcanist

I was entertained by that commercial, but yeah, you're right. In fact, I said the exact same thing when I saw it. "Corn syrup or no corn syrup your beer still sucks". If I have to drink piss, I go with Miller Light. Just a single Bud Light and I wake up with a headache. Maybe shitty beer needs corn syrup for me

Elder Arcanist

I kind of enjoyed the Game of Thrones/Bud Light crossover commercial, but yeah, ease up on the corn syrup

I admit it’s worth a chuckle
    9B8953C8-265E-4D2B-9925-A1246FEE5ADF.jpg
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld