Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Battle for Azeroth

Mangina at large.

Re: Battle for Azeroth

Report the crap out of everything you find that's not working correctly. It's the only way to hope for a fix in time for release.

Elder Arcanist

SAN’LAYN! The New Undead Blood Elf Allied Race?! Lich King Involvement? | Battle for Azeroth

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    Report the crap out of everything you find that's not working correctly. It's the only way to hope for a fix in time for release.
    They're not just busy fixing things, they're also busy breaking them.

The intro quest to the swamp was broken with the latest patch. So general chat in-zone is a constant stream of people asking if the intro is broken for others...

New people can't start the zone's quest chain until the intro gets fixed.

Mangina at large.

Stuff like that will happen with every patch. When I did the WoD beta I would start moving a new alt through all the intro stuff after every patch, just to make sure stuff hadn't been broken and to re-send reports on anything that hadn't been fixed. I think that's part of why I became so disillusioned. I saw how much had been reported to them and not fixed, and I'm not talking balance concerns, lack of content, or any of that subjective stuff. I'm talking "this NPC isn't working correctly" or "this dialogue contains the following spelling/grammar errors".

Quote Originally Posted by Ackar
    New people can't start the zone's quest chain until the intro gets fixed.
    It will get worse. I bet at least once there's going to be a bug that leaves characters that have progressed to a certain point stranded, unable to continue, when it's fixed, forcing people in beta to abandon those characters. The people who just want to test the top-end stuff hate those.

Elder Arcanist

Yrel Goes... The Crazy Dark Fate of Draenor & How It Foreshadows The Next Big Evil In WoW

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Blizzard are better at writing wikipedia entries than stories? Ouch. I liked Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne, it's only the mmo stuff that has disappointed me. The story tends to not serve itself as much as it serves the gameplay decisions they decide to implement each expansion.

Having said that, I do sort of appreciate them flipping the script on what happened in Draenor though, as mentioned in this video. Might make the time travel nonsense worth it. (didn't play WoD)

Every few years I get the itch to play again, and tend to suppress it, but this time I have been messing around with the F2P 1-20 option to see what is different. At first I did it just to see Teldrassill and the Night Elf starting areas before they are gone, then went ahead and did the Undead starting area for the same reason. I started wondering where these two races are going to end up, and the more I think about it, the less I think Blizzard is going to completely redo as many zones as it would require to actually make each continent belong to only one faction.

My prediction is that Night Elves and Undead will keep their capitals but in a ruined state. It's a bit of a shame, as the world could use shaking up. I would hate for Night Elves to lose Kalimdor though. I think it's easy to forget how distinct their culture is supposed to be from the rest of the Alliance, and this would be the death of that.
    Last edited by Wool; May 11th, 2018 at 01:28 PM.

Elder Arcanist

In one of the latest beta patches they removed the Undercity, Dalaran (and a third) portals from the troll city portal room. The undercity zeppelin from org is dead as well.

Mangina at large.

Have they indicated what will happen to the zone progression for starting Blood Elves and Draenei? Making each faction be on a single continent makes sense from a game flow perspective; it's like merging servers without merging them. They could even eliminate low-end quests on the "wrong" continent to ensure players naturally group together. But those two races need to be connected to the correct continent for that to work.

Elder Arcanist

I just checked and the zeppelin tower TO brill has barricades around it, but up on the platform is a portal to pre-event Undercity.

And The Bulwark flightpath is the only horde flightpath in Tirisfal. but all the horde Silverpine flightpaths are still there.

Edit: exiting pre-event undercity leads to normal Brill, except the zeppelin towers are barricaded and now have portals to where the zeppelins used to take you.
    Last edited by Ackar; May 13th, 2018 at 02:10 AM.

Tasty Danish

I'm quite positive going into this expansion - been playing the alpha and the beta religiously, and they have been steadily improving on things.
    Whenever I have encountered same bug on a quest on different playthroughs, I keep reporting it. It gets fixed eventually.

Even minor stuff like spawn/droprates for mobs get improved.
    ---
    Warlock is looking very, very good in all three specs - and Vengeance Demon Hunter is very good.
    I can live with the Havoc implementation, so I guess I'm good to go with regard to mains.

If you liked/loved Legion, you'll be in for a good time in BfA. It's more of the same (WQs/M+/raids), with a few fresh sprinkles thrown in.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Elder Arcanist

Unicorns are now tamable in beta.

edit: The 5 million gold mount has a repair merchant and an auctioneer. The Brontosaurus mount is still huge.
    Last edited by Ackar; May 16th, 2018 at 05:34 AM.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Have they indicated what will happen to the zone progression for starting Blood Elves and Draenei? Making each faction be on a single continent makes sense from a game flow perspective; it's like merging servers without merging them. They could even eliminate low-end quests on the "wrong" continent to ensure players naturally group together. But those two races need to be connected to the correct continent for that to work.
    Well while I'm in the process of being wrong about things, those are some of the oldest areas still in the game and should probably be reworked at some point. Maybe stats aren't the only things being squished and Blizzard will remove some more of the unused capital cities. I don't remember if I saw it in-game or read it somewhere but I know there is drama between the blood elves and the few elves loyal to the Alliance, so maybe Quel'thelas will become one of those new warfronts they are talking about in Battle for Azeroth.

Elder Arcanist

5 MILLION GOLD BRUTOSAUR MOUNT - Is It Worth It? | WoW Battle for Azeroth

Tasty Danish

I thought about that 5 million gold mount which, to be fair, is "only" 4.5 million once you actually buy it.
    Do I really need an auctioneer that often? I really don't.

I haven't even purchased the grand expedition yak, since having the ability to transmog on the fly is also squarely in the "meh!"-department.

Now, if the 5 million mount had an auctioneer, mailbox AND repair guy on it - I'd be more interested. Mailbox would be super convenient for mailing BoEs to my enchanting chars and whatnot.
    I know that I can do the mailemental achievement to get access to a mailbox SOME of the time, but I'd like to have one readily available.

Mangina at large.

Auctioneer could be convenient if you were a high volume auction player. You'd be able to put stuff back up the moment it dropped, if you had access to a mailbox. My auction character was an engineer, and I had the pet that could also give mail access, so that mount would have interested me. Besides, wouldn't you need to be big into the AH to afford that thing?

No prison can hold me!

Auctioneer could be convenient if you were a high volume auction player. You'd be able to put stuff back up the moment it dropped, if you had access to a mailbox. My auction character was an engineer, and I had the pet that could also give mail access, so that mount would have interested me. Besides, wouldn't you need to be big into the AH to afford that thing?
    Nope. Each toon you have at 110 right now with leveled and geared minions rakes in 5-10k a week on average doing missions. Adds up very quickly. With just 3-4 active toons I had over 1M sitting around on ER last Dec or so. Would have easily been 3-4 by now if I wasn't on hiatus. More if I went out and did WQs and all that junk.
    ------------------------------------------
    I *AM* the Chinpokomon master!

Tasty Danish

I've got what... 7 active toons, not all followers geared to the max - they get at least once 2500+ gold mission a day. Yesterday I got 4 on my DH alone.
    The only prep-time is figuring out when there are a few easy 1k+ resources WQs up, and then run them through. All have bodyguards with +resources and +gold.

I've never been into hardcore goldmaking (most was 200k pre-WoD), but I'll hit 2 million gold before BfA, easy.

Now after BfA launches, they'll probably nerf the crap out of the gold missions like they did in WoD.
    They don't have any plans to launch a BfA follower app, so my goldmaking ship has probably sailed

Elder Arcanist

Character copy is active in beta...

Edit: my main made the copy intact, but my secondary had numbers added to the back of her name...
    Last edited by Ackar; June 7th, 2018 at 10:44 PM.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Edit: Nevermind, I got it.

As one aside, screw that stupid paladin horse. I thought I got used to tanks being hyper during Lich King, but never before has any class been so eager to run out of line of sight while I was healing.
    Last edited by Wool; June 23rd, 2018 at 02:36 PM.

Elder Arcanist

Class Design: The Worst Thing About BFA

Battle for Azeroth has a lot of things to be really excited about but for me there is one thing that has me really worried. That is class design in BFA. After the massive prune going into Legion Blizzard is now adding downtime and changing gear progression.