Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Battle for Azeroth

Elder Arcanist

Re: Battle for Azeroth

Last night running Islands I received 4 quest starters.

One took me to Moonglade, one to Gadgetstan, one to loremaster Cho in pandaria, and the forth to a dragon shrine in Dragonblight.

That's a lot of running around for 700 AP busywork quests.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    This is what I heard: that the timer on your one piece of quality loot is too long (something like a month?), and that by the time you satisfied the new ilvl requirement to join that the repeatable loot wouldn't be valuable, you'd be better off in Mythics. The content would make more sense if there were multiple warfronts going on in the world, as eventually there will be, so you were getting the quality loot at a better pace (1 pc. per week or so), but right now there's just the one.
    Didn't know about the ilvl requirement, so I had to look it up. It was apparently implemented for the Alliance's turn at the warfront. Apparently Blizzard decided they didn't want players skipping gearing progression like I suggested above. Everything else I said stands though.

The requirements are supposedly set at 320, around heroic/WQ level, making warfronts an alternative to running mythics. So only people who have already been running mythics would say it wasn't worth their time. Warfronts are more accessible, have less social stress, and have guaranteed rewards. I've run a lot of dungeons, but have barely gotten any loot from them. The major drawback to warfronts is their limited availability.

What I assume is the "one quality piece of loot" that I got was raid tier. If this stuff was more common people would instead say there was no point to mythics or raiding, because when you have a min-maxing mentality there is only ever one right answer.

As for the theoretical timer on it, I'm going to assume this is based off the the way each faction trades access back and forth. You get access for about 6 or 7 days before the enemy faction goes into "resource gathering" mode, which itself takes maybe 2-4. I could see a faction only getting one turn a month, but I also wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them gets two.

Having said this, I'm not convinced the quest that gives you the raid level loot is going to be repeatable. I give it maybe a 50/50 chance.

There was also a lot of complaining about Azerite pieces and ilvl from the chest reward, but I don't know nearly enough about the systems in place to know what that was about.
    Dunno. The only difference between my warfront 340s and my regular 340s is that the warfront versions require one extra azerite level to unlock the third tier of powers.

On island expeditions, what I've read is that the guaranteed rewards are crap and feel bad (low levels of currency),
    You get about 170-250 azerite per expedition, which is about the same amount you will get from World Quests or table missions (whose availability is random). If you do about five or so a week you get a bonus 2.5k azerite. The problem isn't the island expeditions, it's the azerite system. It's just another example of Blizzard making something really grindy so that the hardcore won't finish in the first week.

The mechanics of the islands are "okay". You kill mobs for 10 minutes and look for rares while occasionally fighting the enemy team. It only becomes a slog when you do a lot of them, which is what someone that wants to grind azerite is going to end up doing because it's the only repeatable source for it that isn't terrible.

Edit: For added context, I mentioned that I got my azerite level up to 21. This is from doing the weekly expeditions, daily emissaries, and an assload of world quests, but no grinding. I don't have any of the gear to check myself, but from what I hear the Uldir gear requires azerite levels of 30+. Which means anyone that is raiding that place is likely going to have to grind island expeditions to fully unlock their gear. Which means they are going to hate island expeditions.

Right now I need 17k azerite for the next level. I've gotten about 10k in the past week just playing normally, but I would go insane if I tried to actually grind out ten more levels of this.

the things people actually want (like pets and mounts) are far too RNG and rare
    In all the time I've done them I've only gotten one pet. It's supposedly rare enough to be able to get me at least one token, but I haven't had any luck selling it yet. Haven't gotten any quest starters yet.
    Last edited by Wool; September 22nd, 2018 at 01:24 AM.

Elder Arcanist

Elder Arcanist

EmergencyAZ #37: WoW Q&A now with added Deflection and Avoidance!!

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Wool View Post
    Having said this, I'm not convinced the quest that gives you the raid level loot is going to be repeatable. I give it maybe a 50/50 chance.
    For what it's worth, this warfront is back around for Alliance and it did in fact give me the raid loot drop again.

Elder Arcanist

On the second go around my hunter got a 370 gun, my shaman a 370 cloak...

Lost Bard
    Even More Lost Bard

Got a nice 2hd for my pally the first time, pants the second, both decent upgrades for him.

Forum Sorcerer

I got a belt upgrade but boy is this incredibly lame PvE content for having had such a big buildup. It seems like complete autowin with no challenge and no organization needed. Just run around and smash stuff and click on things and poof, 370 loot.

Elder Arcanist

Island Expedition Invasion Schedule + Rewards! [Oct 16th - Nov 13th] | Battle for Azeroth

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Polynices View Post
    I got a belt upgrade but boy is this incredibly lame PvE content for having had such a big buildup. It seems like complete autowin with no challenge and no organization needed. Just run around and smash stuff and click on things and poof, 370 loot.
    I'm not going to deny it's really easy, but I wouldn't say there is no organization required. I think it feels that way when enough other people in the battlefront know what to do. Every now and then, for whatever reason, you get a lot of people that just want to face smash the middle route and ignore the actual objectives, perhaps hoping someone else would do them. I've even seen a couple instances of people ignoring the raiding parties even after they begin to assault Stromgarde itself.

I don't know how bad you have to be (or how many afkers you need) to actually lose this, but it definitely needs a heroic and perhaps mythic version just like every other form of PVE content at this point.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

I'm playing less and less. Not sure if I'm going to make it to the next content patch. Got my Dark Iron priest up to 40 and I want to gripe a little. Whenever I queue Holy I get a boring dungeon run that's so easy I end up beating the lazy dps that every group has on damage. Whenever I queue Discipline in order to try and learn how it ticks I get a crazy over-aggressive group that takes way too much damage for me to heal through with Atonement.

Also, anyone else feel the need to suppress a groan whenever you get a rogue on an island expedition? They always act like they are soloing the place, never caring that the rest of the group can't stealth and all those mobs they are skipping can't be skipped by anyone else. I once had a group of two rogues, and on that day I knew that Blizzard must hate me.

Elder Arcanist

You Must CHOOSE Between Saurfang And Sylvanas In 8.1! The New Quest That Changes WoW Forever

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

This isn't a slight against you Ackar, but a pet peeve of mine is that with the way the public test realm works, everyone already knows almost everything there is to know about the game before any of it is actually live. It's almost impossible to be surprised because people talk about this stuff before I'll ever see it.

On the bright side, I guess at least now I know that I'll want two horde characters for that next content patch.

can you LFR the old raids yet? Last time around LFRing the Legion raids was not possible in BFA. And sadly I cannot solo the bear in nightmare as a DH.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Mangina at large.

88137210-20AF-4ACF-ABDC-93650D9E976A.jpg
    Next step is more nagas after tides. Ride of Azshara
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

And no clue why it’s sideways. It’s right side up in the photo gallery on the phone.
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Mangina at large.

Looks like WoW Classic will have sharding in the first few days to keep the servers stable (and the game halfway playable, what with thousands of people all piling into the same few zones). The fanboys are not happy with this.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Most of them clearly just want to be miserable. Blizzard is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    Next step is more nagas after tides. Ride of Azshara
    Wait, Rise of Azshara or Ride of Azshara? I feel like those are two different things.

New Cinematic leading into this next patch: Lost Honor. Ignoring the fact that they sort of already did this plot line once before, it's pretty cool. I like both of these characters more than I ever liked Garrosh or Varian.

Rise. Seems autocowreck sneaks up when shooting from the hip
    — Jerry Seinfeld