Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Battle for Azeroth

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Re: Battle for Azeroth

It occurred to me that the latest turn of events was very meme worthy so I browsed reddit for awhile looking for good ones (was not disappointed). Though for every person I saw making fun, I saw ten more on the verge of melting down. Very five stages of grief going on here. How ironic that it wasn't the night elf players crying about their first character starting in that tree that ended up sounding the most hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ackar View Post
    Cinematic: “Old Soldier”
    [War has a way of wearing down the most weathered soldiers. For legendary Horde warrior Varok Saurfang, this one could very well be his last.]
    Oh I love it, that was great. I vote for that kid to be the new Warchief. Edit: Reddit has dubbed him ZappyBoi (he's also maybe in the BfA cinematic zapping as the troll shaman) and they are obsessed with him.

I find the timing to be very curious though. As far as I know this wasn't announced ahead of time like the Warbringer shorts. But it's also CGI instead of barely animated art, so they had to have been working on it for a long time now. If it didn't so directly tie into the pre-release event next week I would think this was going to be shown differently and they are releasing it early to appease unhappy players.

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    I will continue to hold the unpopular opinion that Blizzard keeps themselves painted into a corner for keeping the two faction hard locked system in place. Alliance v Horde suited the RTS games well and would continue to suit them well if a Warcraft 4 were made, But the MMO is continually harmed by it due to the fact that it basically forces blizzard to waste writing time on new reasons for the factions to backstab each other only to end up working together for a bigger threat. For example having Thrall retire was just a shit excuse to send the Horde on a warpath because Thrall would have torn down that wall. Cannot have that gotta preserver that precious world pvp...
    Honestly this isn't the only area where the story is beholden to aspects of the mmo design. I've noticed it a few other times while leveling up over the past couple months, though I can't remember specifics at the moment.

P.S. Unrelated to anything, but it cracks me up.

Last edited by Wool; August 3rd, 2018 at 09:05 AM.

Lost Bard
    Even More Lost Bard

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

The Battle for Lordaeron was great fun. Very exciting as Alliance. Horde side had a few nice tidbits that you don't see otherwise, but didn't really feel like their story as much as an addendum to the Alliance story. Also Sylvanas is a bitch to even her own people, so I'm having a hard time giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Which is why I find player reaction kind of interesting. Alliance seems fairly united, they are all upset about their tree and don't care about anything but killing her. Horde is split. Some players are happy they are the bad guys, like Sylvanas, and absolutely despise Saurfang. Others wish to be the honorable Thrall's horde and rally behind Saurfang. Most of the former group seem to be Forsaken players as well.

Forcing the Forsaken into the Horde always seemed strange but I eventually took it for granted. I think maybe Blizzard has been having to cater to two very different audiences within the same faction for too long. How do you make a group of people happy that both want to be the bad guys and do not?
    Last edited by Wool; August 8th, 2018 at 11:18 AM.

I do not like the course Sylvanas is going. And I do feel it will fracture the Horde even if just at the player level since I do not see Blizzard having the balls to actually tamper with the two factions system.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist

Dragon Isles coming in Battle for Azeroth? NEW Evidence & Speculation! | World of Warcraft

Elder Arcanist

What do you guys think of the expac?

Lost Bard
    Even More Lost Bard

I've only played a bit, but Kul Tiras is fun so far.

Elder Arcanist

Jania's mom's prime minister (or whatever the stout, dark-haired woman standing with her was) is a real bitch, hopefully we get to kill her at some point.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Quote Originally Posted by Bonlainy View Post
    Jania's mom's prime minister (or whatever the stout, dark-haired woman standing with her was) is a real bitch, hopefully we get to kill her at some point.
    Yea I fired up an ally character just to see how their lead in was and that woman needs a good killing.

Being I am on my DH first just because I can run around and see shit without being careful on him(horde main), I was at this place with trolls in the desert and it involved memories of someone in jars and the quest giver is warning me I may see disturbing things from the past. And the lore liker in me wanted my character to be "Uhm, Ma'am... I am a Demon Hunter do you have any idea the shit I saw becoming one?".
    Last edited by FilanFyretracker; August 15th, 2018 at 09:40 AM.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

I'm technically still trying to polish off Legion, so I only have made time to do the introductions for each faction. The scenario that kicks off the Horde side is fantastically exciting, and makes up for how dull the Battle of Lordaeron was for them, but on the flip side the introduction to Kul Tiras itself is much, much better and I look forward to that storyline a little bit more.

P.S. I don't know if I've said it yet, but Legion is pretty amazing. Probably the best expansion they have done, and that's with the core mechanic gutted out and every single quest reminding you that you missed out on it. Having played each previous expansion one after another each month it's easy to see the improvements, and I can't wait to see just how much better BfA surely must be.

Elder Arcanist

I had a fun first day of the expansion.

I ran my young shaman through LFR ToV, and his hidden enhancement appearance dropped, then I ran him through the underbelly and had his hidden elemental appearance drop as well. He has only been 110 for about a week.

Then I took my main hunter through the troll infested swamp and got the zone mount to drop.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I made a Demon Hunter Horde side since I didn't have time to level up any characters properly to see their side of the events. When I did it, I leveled it with war mode on just to see what it was like. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Most other people would leave you alone if they didn't know for a fact they would win a fight, and when they did kill you they went about their business. There were a few exceptions, but I was already near the cap so there was no chance of being griefed by someone 50 levels higher than me.

Anyway, I thought maybe I would try it again when the expansion came out, but got distracted like I mentioned above and eventually forgot. With each faction getting their own continents, I figured it would be awhile before you started seeing other players. Well a few days later I'm finally ready to play, and what's the first thing I see when I leave the Kul Tiras city behind? A level 120 Horde player.