Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Battle for Azeroth

Elder Arcanist

Re: Battle for Azeroth

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

WoW is having their anniversary celebration. Blizzard has given every character 200 timewalking badges and a new toy you can spend them on: goggles that turn all npcs and players into corgis. Yes, it's even more amazing than you think. Unfortunately it only lasts 10 minutes and doesn't work on opposite faction players.

You also get a reusable item that gives 14% exp and reputation for the duration of the event. Not sure if that is normal or not.

Elder Arcanist

BATTLE FOR AZEROTH Patch 8.1: Does it Significantly Improve BFA ??

Elder Arcanist

Why You SHOULDN'T Come Back For 8.1... And Why You Should: The Pros And Cons Of Tides Of Vengeance

Elder Arcanist

Mangina at large.

The worst one has to be the updated model for Smoochums, which went from a cute ghostly persian cat to a generic ghost cat model. My inner pet collector winced when I saw that.

Elder Arcanist

According to Petopia the second BM pet now responds to pet play dead and receives pet healing.

Elder Arcanist

So far three CTDs while on flightpaths...

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Some good changes in this patch, though I could have personally used some of this stuff months ago. You get a ton of faction reputation for the new activities and new quests, but I've already unlocked those races.

Heritage quests were okay, about the same as allied race quests. Lots of pointless running around so that the 5 minutes of interesting race themed story lasts longer. Darkshore questlines were pretty cool, though nothing too impressive overall. They added a lot more war campaign quests than I expected (three lines per faction, I expected one) and those war campaign quests were very good. Horde in particular was a step up from the boring Forsaken lapdog feel of the previous ones.

New Darkshore warfront is good, though I think people playing on the test realm might have talked it up a bit. It's not radically different, just a streamlined version of the Arathi system. What's interesting is how they chose to differentiate it. Rather than make it more challenging they actually acquiesced to how most players actually behave. Almost no one ever actually wants to gather resources, and now it's almost completely passive. All of the bases are also closer together so defending them is easier while the brunt of the team face smashes the "towers" at the end.

Only did one invasion or incursion or whatever they call it, but it was on a 120 so I didn't see if they are a good way of leveling like the Legion versions are. It was neat, about what you might expect. It's kind of funny, if you play with war mode off anywhere else you will end up doing the same world quests as the other faction and basically teaming up with them. Here the world quests are different, so you will be fighting the enemy faction npcs while the other side does the same right next to you. I bet these are a blood bath with War Mode turned on.