Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle for Azeroth

Re: Battle for Azeroth

problem is kinda that DH are never liked as tanks if the forums are to be trusted though they could just be salt. Huge part of course was that DH are very reactionary tanks while healers love druids not only because of insane mitigation without pushing buttons but because of huge buffer of health.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    problem is kinda that DH are never liked as tanks if the forums are to be trusted though they could just be salt. Huge part of course was that DH are very reactionary tanks while healers love druids not only because of insane mitigation without pushing buttons but because of huge buffer of health.
    Funny thing is that a DH tank in a 5-man setting is more self-sustainable than a bear. Bears have their "oh, crap" button which helps against HUGE hits (effectively a LoH in that situation) - but small hits will kill a bear.
    DH is the complete opposite. They yo-yo a bit with huge hits, but laugh off many small ones. There are ways of mitigating huge hits, but you'll never be anyone's first choice for progressing a hard hitting mythic raid boss.

We'll see if these changes mitigate (heh!) some of that.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Tasty Danish

BfA pre-purchase is here! Release date is before or on the 21st of September, 2018.

Meanwhile, the level scaling has turned the weekly timewalking quest into a horrible slog. I can't even be bothered doing it, gave up after two dungeons.
    Last edited by Dawlin; January 31st, 2018 at 12:27 AM.

Forum Sorcerer

I wish they'd announce the physical collector's edition at the same time as the digital. Those of us willing to pay them more money ought to get the rewards early too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin View Post
    level scaling has turned the weekly timewalking quest into a horrible slog
    I was wondering why everything was dying so slowly! I thought I was just grouped with bad and/or new players.

Elder Arcanist

Battle for Azeroth Hunter Pet Revamp

In Battle for Azeroth, each Hunter pet family has a single specialization, any beast from that family will have that specialization and you won't be able to change it. Each specialization has unique abilities:

Ferocity
    • Predator's Thirst - You and your pet gain 3% Leech.
    • Primal Rage - Increases haste by 30% for all party and raid members for 40 sec. Allies receiving this effect will become Sated and unable to benefit from Primal Rage or similar effects again for 10 min.
    Tenacity
    • Endurance Training - You and your pet gain 10% increased maximum health.
    • Survival of the Fittest - Reduces all damage you and your pet take by 20% for 6 sec.
    Cunning
    • Pathfinding - You and your pet gain 8% increased movement speed.
    • Master's Call - Your pet removes all root and movement impairing effects from itself and its target, and grants immunity to all such effects for 4 sec.
    Also, the player-favorite family Spirit Beast have been changed from Ferocity to Tenacity.

Yea I keep hoping for them to announce the CE. WoW CEs are about the only thing I collect that is gaming related heh.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    Yea I keep hoping for them to announce the CE. WoW CEs are about the only thing I collect that is gaming related heh.
    As in a physical CE? I always get the digital CE - that's already available.

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Ackar View Post
    The ferocity pets look very good, 3% leech adds up pretty darn quickly.
    I do think that it's COMPLETE bullcrap that they're removing battle rez from hunters - they've had it for many, many years.
    And I say this while in a group that's usually composed of 2 x DK and a Warlock (me).

We also need more stable slots. How long has it been since we got more of those?

Based on alpha footage, I think that my main alt will be a survival hunter. That mastery is MADE for PUGs.
    Last edited by Dawlin; February 14th, 2018 at 11:53 PM.