Thread: I've wanted one since 1990, I finally pulled the trigger

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

I've wanted one since 1990, I finally pulled the trigger

I now own a didgeridoo.

I've wanted one since I first heard this album from an australian band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2mihrwaKac

I've actually played music with people who have learned from Graham Wiggins.

All I can do right now is play a single drone note and affect it slightly with face shaping, but I'm seriously determined to figure this out.

Learning circular breathing won't be bad for me either.

I'm stupid levels of happy.

I eventually want to prop it up and play bouzouki or octave mandolin while making something like this happen, just for fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHvinmP8cyU

Didgeridoo will never be a professional instrument for me, but that's why I never bought it previously.

I'm really, really over the moon.

This is going to be the funnest hobby I've undertook in a long time.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Elder Arcanist

Re: I've wanted one since 1990, I finally pulled the trigger

We expect recordings as you learn, to track your progress!
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Cool dude, those things sound pretty neat. And now you can play the opening theme of "Rocko's Modern life" any time you like. I like musical instruments of every kind and stripe, can't armature for shit so i have to trade any wind or brass instruments I acquire for stringed instruments or studio gear.

My latest trade was awesome, I traded an ancient (38 years old) solid state guitar amp, what they call "vintage" gear nowadays, for a Rane DC24 Compressor/Gate/Limiter/Expander. Damn thing can be Crossovered and Combined so that it Compresses two different frequency bands of the same signal and then sum the results, so I can compress the low end of a vocal arrangement without overcompressing the highs, or compress the high end of a bass performance but only lightly compress the low end. It can even expand a frequency band if I need it!

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alikat Astrae View Post
    Cool dude, those things sound pretty neat. And now you can play the opening theme of "Rocko's Modern life" any time you like. I like musical instruments of every kind and stripe, can't armature for shit so i have to trade any wind or brass instruments I acquire for stringed instruments or studio gear.

My latest trade was awesome, I traded an ancient (38 years old) solid state guitar amp, what they call "vintage" gear nowadays, for a Rane DC24 Compressor/Gate/Limiter/Expander. Damn thing can be Crossovered and Combined so that it Compresses two different frequency bands of the same signal and then sum the results, so I can compress the low end of a vocal arrangement without overcompressing the highs, or compress the high end of a bass performance but only lightly compress the low end. It can even expand a frequency band if I need it!
    Okay, THAT'S COOL.

One thing I don't have as much of as I'd like (or really much of anything aside from the occasional pedal) is electronics.

I dabbled with a tiny bit of trumpet for about a week as a kid before realizing I sucked at it. I've never been able to get a note out of a standard flute, and while I can kinda play some lower octave tin whistles (commonly called low whistles, made of metal most often, and containing a fipple) but I can't switch registers very well on them.

I'm pretty much a strings-only guy, but I long ago determined that if I wanted something bad enough to truly work on it, I can be good at it, so this will be me teaching myself a "wind" instrument, heh.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.