Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: News of the Weird Thread

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Re: News of the Weird Thread

If you really want to be in the food business but don't want to cook it yourself, open a grocery store or a deli instead of a restaurant.

Tasty Danish

Yeah, the whole:”We don’t actually have a kitchen!” should start alarm bells across the spectrum.

But, hey, buying up cheap stuff, slapping a brand on it, and re-selling it at a premium is a business model in other lines of business as well. There is a “danish design” e-bike which raised a ton of money on indiegogo. Turns out that it was a cheap Chinese bike that had been rebranded. Oops!
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Regarding the Ann Frank costume, maybe it was the Hillary Duff movie version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xqS1_TXGik

Mangina at large.

The KFC twitter account is following 11 people:

https://twitter.com/kfc/following

The five Spice Girls, and six guys named Herb. 11 Herbs and Spices. That is commitment to the meme.

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post

The five Spice Girls, and six guys named Herb. 11 Herbs and Spices. That is commitment to the meme.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Elder Arcanist

Oh, that's awesome!

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Taser Company Ignored SEC Emails Because They Were In a Spam Folder

When did email become the only line of communication for official documents? Whatever happened to certified mail?

Elder Arcanist

Malawi Police Arrest 140 After Mob Attacks on ‘Vampires’

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/m...mpires-n812666

Quote Originally Posted by Deabn View Post
    Malawi Police Arrest 140 After Mob Attacks on ‘Vampires’

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/m...mpires-n812666
    Wow USDA Grade A nutbars, Holy shit.

They do know vampires are not real and Dracula was just a book and several movies right?
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    They do know vampires are not real and Dracula was just a book and several movies right?
    One of the reasons that the West African Ebola outbreaks in 2014-2015 were so bad, was the traditional burial rituals.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    ...Prohibiting families from performing such rites is not only viewed as an affront to the deceased, but as actually putting the family in danger. “In the event of an improper burial, the deceased person’s spirit (tibo) will cause harm and illness to the family...
    Emphasis mine.

Our version of NPR had an interview with an aid worker that had been in the area. He said that the locals were much more afraid of the spirits than ebola.
    So people killing other people that they believe to be vampires? Totally believable.

It's impossible to impose our way of thinking on an entirely different set of cultural norms.

Mangina at large.

This is how cold Trump's America has become: the U.S. Air Force just tweeted that...

Spoiler for Think of the children:

Elder Arcanist

This is how cold Trump's America has become: the U.S. Air Force just tweeted that...

Spoiler for Think of the children:
    Not only did they ruin Christmas... they spelled "because" "becuase" ... good thing they weren't entering nuclear missile launch coordinates or something important

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran View Post
    Not only did they ruin Christmas... they spelled "because" "becuase" ... good thing they weren't entering nuclear missile launch coordinates or something important
    Spoiler for EXTREMELY relevant XKCD that I have on display in my office:

Its better than if missile launching were run by the cable company.

"Your nuclear war is important to us, Please hold and the first available silo will be connected to you"
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    Its better than if missile launching were run by the cable company.

"Your nuclear war is important to us, Please hold and the first available silo will be connected to you"
    "Your nuclear missile will arrive sometime between 8:00 am and 11:00 am. Please insure that an adult member of the household is home during those hours"

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

The missile then arrives three days later at 5 PM, detonates incorrectly, and forces you to submit another request.

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran View Post
    "Your nuclear missile will arrive sometime between 8:00 am and 11:00 am."
    Pffffft. All of my cable guy calls have been between 8 AM and 4 PM. Not a joke, that's the actual timeframe that you get.

It's run by the danish version of Ma Bell, which didn't get broken up into little pieces - but instead had regulation thrown at it to allow other service providers on their (taxpayer-bought-and-paid-for) cables.
    They re-branded themselves several times over as well, but still have shitty, shitty service.
    Last edited by Dawlin; October 26th, 2017 at 11:27 PM.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin View Post
    Pffffft. All of my cable guy calls have been between 8 AM and 4 PM. Not a joke, that's the actual timeframe that you get.

It's run by the danish version of Ma Bell, which didn't get broken up into little pieces - but instead had regulation thrown at it to allow other service providers on their (taxpayer-bought-and-paid-for) cables.
    They re-branded themselves several times over as well, but still have shitty, shitty service.
    We have a washer and dryer that we bought from Sears - we needed a warranty repair and their maintenance guys were that way. Said they'll be there between 8 and 4. I asked them if they could narrow it down at all, since I have to take off work to be there for them, but no, that's as close as they can narrow it down. So I sat around all day waiting on them. Around 3:30 they called and said they were tied up on another job and it would be the next day before they could get to me... between 8 and 4.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin View Post

But how's the price? The trade-off for crap service is supposed to be affordability and cost controls.

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wool View Post
    The missile then arrives three days later at 5 PM, detonates incorrectly, and forces you to submit another request.
    Reminds me of the old joke from the first Iraq war about Hussein's new line of Beers.

"Scud Lite! You can drink 20 before one hits you!"
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.