Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Trump & North Korea

Forum Arcanist

Re: Trump & North Korea

This *will* hurt a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Philo View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if Pompeo any member of Trump's cabinet lasts the year if the North Korea "talks" go to shit
    Occam's razor and stuff.
    Using smoke signals to relay this message to my nearest Internet server.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    Talks suspended.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/15/polit...lls/index.html

Doesn't seem like it will last, but who knows with this whackjob.
    Not surprised in the least... Trump seemed to be one of the few people who actually believed that the talks would go off anyway. There is no way Kim Jong Un is going to give up whatever progress he has made on his nuclear program. That was just too far fetched to be believable.

I wonder if NK waited until Trump set the actual time and place, then decided to pull out in an attempt to make Trump look bad?

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran View Post
    Not surprised in the least... Trump seemed to be one of the few people who actually believed that the talks would go off anyway. There is no way Kim Jong Un is going to give up whatever progress he has made on his nuclear program. That was just too far fetched to be believable.

I wonder if NK waited until Trump set the actual time and place, then decided to pull out in an attempt to make Trump look bad?
    He really doesn't need any help. Plus NK got the perfect excuse because of the joint military training.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran
    Not surprised in the least... Trump seemed to be one of the few people who actually believed that the talks would go off anyway.
    When I said "doesn't seem like it will last", I was talking about Kim's hissy fit, not the talks. I think those will happen, maybe without the amount of progress Trump would like, but they will happen. Kim is mercurial, but I think he sees this as the only way forward for his collapsing state where he doesn't end up getting the Saddam Hussein treatment. It's just going to take forever, because both he and Trump are notoriously thin-skinned. South Korea's PM must wake up every day and think "FML" when he sees the latest crap those two have pulled, crap that directly impacts the future of his nation.

Mangina at large.

They're not even mad with Trump; it's Bolton that has them pissed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44158566

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    South Korea's PM must wake up every day and think "FML" when he sees the latest crap those two have pulled, crap that directly impacts the future of his nation.
    Maybe this is the reason why both parties in the process can get the Nobel Peace Prize. What they really want to do is give it to the person who was able to work with large children, but if they single that person out said children will go back to behaving like children.

Lost Bard
    Even More Lost Bard

Trump pulls out of North Korea summit

He said he had made the decision based on the "tremendous anger and open hostility" in a recent North Korean statement.

Mr Trump said it would be "inappropriate" to hold the summit as scheduled in Singapore on 12 June.

In a letter to Mr Kim, he said he was very much looking forward to meeting him "some day".
    I wonder if this means they're going to melt down the commemorative coins the white house office for that sort of thing already had made for it.

Elder Arcanist

I love that he brags about the size of our arsenal in his letter... so "Trump"

Mangina at large.

"You didn't break up with me. I broke up with you!"