Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coca-Cola question for European posters.

Tasty Danish

Re: Coca-Cola question for European posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrick ap'Milandra View Post
    I *do* long for diet pepsi with aspartame in it again, though. The new formula sucks and my passport for canadian travel is out of date.
    I think they're moving to stevia, one and all. So that dream is dead
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Mangina at large.

Oh no, ricin in the cola!

(AMC is doing a Breaking Bad marathon over the next five weeks, and I never saw any of the shows, so I've been binging. Sorry for the reference.)

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin View Post
    I think they're moving to stevia, one and all. So that dream is dead
    Ugh.

Maybe the Diet Pepsi with stevia in it will be better than the Diet Coke Green which was a mix of Stevia, Splenda, and Sugar.

That was the dumbest idea I've seen in a while. I think they removed the splenda and called it "Coke Life".

WTFever.

People need to stop changing my sweeteners or I'm going to switch back to TAB or Diet Rite.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetoes View Post
    Fnag! How goes man?
    Woobleness
    The same old same old. Nothing much to report. Oh, I'm no longer British, I'm Singaporean.

Mangina at large.

How are you enjoying Singapore, or is it just a citizenship switch? If you are living there, was it much of a culture shock when you first moved (like with some of the strict laws)?

I will add I saw the ads for Zero Sugar during the Eagles game last night.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    How are you enjoying Singapore, or is it just a citizenship switch? If you are living there, was it much of a culture shock when you first moved (like with some of the strict laws)?
    Much less stress than the UK. Been here for nine years now.
    No culture shock really. It's cosmopolitan like London.
    Fnagaton Blazemaker
    80th Wizard

This is my spellbook. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My spellbook is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my spellbook is useless. Without my spellbook I am useless.

El Diablo Blanco

Totally off related, I saw the thread title and was reminded of a line from a movie I had seen. Though James Garner delivers it better in person.

From the movie The Americanization of Emily

You American-haters bore me to tears, Ms. Barham. I've dealt with Europeans all my life. I know all about us parvenus from the States who come over here and race around your old cathedral towns with our cameras and Coca-Cola bottles... Brawl in your pubs, paw at your women, and act like we own the world. We overtip, we talk too loud, we think we can buy anything with a Hershey bar. I've had Germans and Italians tell me how politically ingenuous we are, and perhaps so. But we haven't managed a Hitler or a Mussolini yet. I've had Frenchmen call me a savage because I only took half an hour for lunch. Hell, Ms. Barham, the only reason the French take two hours for lunch is because the service in their restaurants is lousy. The most tedious lot are you British. We crass Americans didn't introduce war into your little island. This war, Ms. Barham to which we Americans are so insensitive, is the result of 2,000 years of European greed, barbarism, superstition, and stupidity. Don't blame it on our Coca-Cola bottles. Europe was a going brothel long before we came to town.

And related to above...

People outside the US complaining about Americanization, Yet they anxiously await the next game of thrones episode and buy coca cola to drink while watching it.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Lightfoot View Post
    Totally off related, I saw the thread title and was reminded of a line from a movie I had seen. Though James Garner delivers it better in person.

From the movie The Americanization of Emily

You American-haters bore me to tears, Ms. Barham. I've dealt with Europeans all my life. I know all about us parvenus from the States who come over here and race around your old cathedral towns with our cameras and Coca-Cola bottles... Brawl in your pubs, paw at your women, and act like we own the world. We overtip, we talk too loud, we think we can buy anything with a Hershey bar. I've had Germans and Italians tell me how politically ingenuous we are, and perhaps so. But we haven't managed a Hitler or a Mussolini yet. I've had Frenchmen call me a savage because I only took half an hour for lunch. Hell, Ms. Barham, the only reason the French take two hours for lunch is because the service in their restaurants is lousy. The most tedious lot are you British. We crass Americans didn't introduce war into your little island. This war, Ms. Barham to which we Americans are so insensitive, is the result of 2,000 years of European greed, barbarism, superstition, and stupidity. Don't blame it on our Coca-Cola bottles. Europe was a going brothel long before we came to town.
    Taken in one lump sum, that's a pretty fantastic quote.

Almost makes me want to watch the movie.

Thanks for sharing.

Rep++
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    And related to above...

People outside the US complaining about Americanization, Yet they anxiously await the next game of thrones episode and buy coca cola to drink while watching it.
    Oh come now, Game of Thrones and Coca-Cola are made almost wholly in OTHER COUNTRIES.

I've not heard any of these sorts of complaints since bush number 2 and the recession.

Feel free to regale me with tales, though.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Atlanta Georgia is the Zion of cola.

Coke is from Atlanta and HBO is owned by Time Warner which is from NYC.
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist

Someone in Europe needs to send me some Coke Blak.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbertDypp View Post
    I've not seen Coke Zero Sugar here in the UK. I still only see normal Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero and, until recently, occasionally Coke Life.
    Now seeing Coke Zero Sugar pretty much everywhere.
    Herb
    Blog

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Original Coke, way back, rocked
    stuff you ge tnow blech

best soft drink is IRN BRU!

Elder Arcanist

Coca-Cola Coffee Released In Japan

It’s called Coca-Cola Coffee Plus, and it has fifty percent more caffeine and fifty percent fewer calories.

According to Shin-Shouhin (via Get News), Coca-Cola Coffee Plus is a vending machine exclusive in Japan. Each 190ml can has 34mg of caffeine and only 42 calories. The coffee comes in the form of extract powder.

This kind of thing isn’t a first for Coca-Cola, which previously released Coca-Cola BlāK in Europe and the United States.

Shin-Shouhin says the drink doesn’t smell like coke, nor does it smell like coffee. The aroma is described as “curious” or “odd.” Shin-Shouhin writes, “To be frank, it’s not a very delicious aroma.” The initial taste, Shin-Shouhin continues, is cola-like, but the aftertaste is coffee. The total sensation, the site adds, isn’t one of harmony.

“I didn’t think it tasted good, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be,” Shin-Shouhin writes, adding that different people respond to different flavors.

Zero Sugar officially spotted in New Jersey now, Or at least at the local shoprite.
    — Jerry Seinfeld