Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coca-Cola question for European posters.

Tasty Danish

Re: Coca-Cola question for European posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Etelka View Post
    Question to any non-American posters here: when was the last time you heard ANYONE talk, not even complain but just talk, about Americanization?
    Not in this decade. I think the ubiquity of the internet has a lot to do with this.
    Back when my son was little, my dad used to complain about how Halloween had surpassed our traditional "Fastelavn" as the dress-up holiday of choice.
    It was only when my son wasn't around, though. He saw how much he enjoyed Halloween.

Since Fastelavn is in February, and Halloween is on the 31st of October, there's also another obvious reason for the rise in Halloween popularity: It's a lot more fun to go Trick-and-Treating when the temperature is above freezing and you're not constantly pelted by sleet or icy rain

Quote Originally Posted by Delores
    I saw an article recently about how Diet Pepsi may be headed for oblivion.
    Odd - I saw a ton of adds for non-sugar Pepsi during last weekend's NFL playoff games. Don't remember the name, but looked to be Pepsi's bid to take on Coke Zero.
    Last edited by Dawlin; January 11th, 2018 at 04:23 AM.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

This *will* hurt a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin View Post
    Not in this decade. I think the ubiquity of the internet has a lot to do with this.
    You would still expect that the other way around though. But yeah, it's been at least ten years since I heard ANYONE mentioning that even once.

Back when my son was little, my dad used to complain about how Halloween had surpassed our traditional "Fastelavn" as the dress-up holiday of choice.
    It was only when my son wasn't around, though. He saw how much he enjoyed Halloween.
    Just do a google on vastelaovend. Still going pretty strong here in, ironically, the Southern part of the country. Not that a 150 km north or south is going to make a lot of difference with the weather, but *shrug*
    Using smoke signals to relay this message to my nearest Internet server.

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin
    Odd - I saw a ton of adds for non-sugar Pepsi during last weekend's NFL playoff games.
    Last year, sales of Diet Pepsi dropped 9.2%, versus a 4.3% drop for Diet Coke. This is after a 7.2% drop in 2016, when they eliminated aspartame. They're in free-fall, and don't seem to have a plan for what to do about it.

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    I saw an article recently about how Diet Pepsi may be headed for oblivion. I guess this is Coke's way of trying to make sure that happens.
    Diet Pepsi fucked up when they removed aspartame.

They should have instead made an ALTERNATE 0 calorie soda with non-nutra-sweet sweetener, because it altered the flavor.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

All hat & no cattle

Quote Originally Posted by Etelka View Post
    Question to any non-American posters here: when was the last time you heard ANYONE talk, not even complain but just talk, about Americanization?
    My wife and I talk about it very frequently, but since she's American, we have talked a lot about the differences between the US and Denmark, so the change is very obvious to us, and it's happening fast. It's everywhere in the everyday language of everyday people, on the shelves in the supermarket, the morals and ethics, the politics, attitude towards sexual and body images, cultural consumption (movie, music, series...) etc etc.

But in general it is not something I hear across the lunch table at work or in the general media, though.