Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The Idiocy of Antifa

Elder Arcanist

Re: The Idiocy of Antifa

Quote Originally Posted by Wool View Post
    I respect what he tried to do, but people red in the face from shouting are usually too far off the deep end to reason with. I think the adrenaline takes over or something. Also, in my opinion the point when someone starts shouting "don't touch me" is usually when they need to be removed from the conversation. Just about every time I've seen this the person in question is a hair's breadth away from becoming violent whether someone actually touches them or not.
    Respectfully, you are wrong and he handled this perfectly. There was no way he was going to change her mind. He did, however, take back the spotlight at his event and wear her out until she gave up. Not was removed but voluntarily gave up and left.

Mangina at large.

"When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Shouldn't have bumped this thread.

Also, I found it hilarious how we found out most of those "Antifa" twitter users that got everyone in an uproar in the first place were actually Russian Propaganda. Goladus can't help himself but fall for that shit.
    "Complaining is the modern metagame" - BNet forums

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

America was a beautiful idea
    I hope your children or grand children can restore it.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Make it great again?

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alikat Astrae View Post
    Make it great again?
    Genuinely great, and back on track, like you know, the Deceleration, Constitution, Bill of Rights and much more....
    Currently, the hard extremely ugly fact of America being under the authority of King Trump pretty much proves the genuine American Dream, is dead

Probably need to gank the oligarchs, corporations, bankers etc, but hey, after losing 500,000 men in a Civil War that ended slavery, you have the choice to either clean house and thus have genuinely good things for the citizens: have universal health care, a police force not riddled with murderous gung-ho racist fucks, etc etc
    or
    be slaves as America slips into becoming a raddled banana republic, and then becomes a wasteland (which WILL happen. destroying the EPA and other issues are going to result in the wankgasm of all the idiots who want a post-apocalypse prepper dream, sigh)

Mangina at large.

How can America be great when it's filled with Americans?

55% of white Americans say that whites are discriminated against, even though the number that have actually been discriminated against themselves is much smaller:

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/356...s-against-them

Note that the poll also turned up the 16% of white Americans that believe there's no discrimination against racial and ethnic minorities in the US.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade-T-E View Post
    Genuinely great, and back on track, like you know, the Deceleration, Constitution, Bill of Rights and much more....
    Currently, the hard extremely ugly fact of America being under the authority of King Trump pretty much proves the genuine American Dream, is dead

Probably need to gank the oligarchs, corporations, bankers etc, but hey, after losing 500,000 men in a Civil War that ended slavery, you have the choice to either clean house and thus have genuinely good things for the citizens: have universal health care, a police force not riddled with murderous gung-ho racist fucks, etc etc
    or
    be slaves as America slips into becoming a raddled banana republic, and then becomes a wasteland (which WILL happen. destroying the EPA and other issues are going to result in the wankgasm of all the idiots who want a post-apocalypse prepper dream, sigh)
    The Deceleration? I'm unfamiliar with that. Is that how we turn on our time machine and redo our choices ala Edge of Tomorrow?

Lord Inquisitor Lenin

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar View Post
    Shouldn't have bumped this thread.

Also, I found it hilarious how we found out most of those "Antifa" twitter users that got everyone in an uproar in the first place were actually Russian Propaganda. Goladus can't help himself but fall for that shit.
    What about the ones assaulting people at Berkeley etc, were they Russian propaganda?

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    How can America be great when it's filled with Americans?

55% of white Americans say that whites are discriminated against, even though the number that have actually been discriminated against themselves is much smaller:

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/356...s-against-them

Note that the poll also turned up the 16% of white Americans that believe there's no discrimination against racial and ethnic minorities in the US.
    Nineteen percent of white Americans polled said they have faced discrimination applying for jobs, 13 percent said they have faced discrimination from being paid equally or considered for promotions and 11 percent said they have faced discrimination applying to or while at college.
    I'd put that at closer to 0.13%, and 0.11% respectively, but it DOES *RARELY* happen.

A friend of mine lost out on two jobs as a lawyer that he was equally (in one case) and more (in the second) qualified for as a lawyer because the corporate mandate was "Hire more black lawyers so the legal department looks diverse, too. Diversity is our corporate mandate."

That being said, this company had some VERY stupid corporate policies, one of which involved both of the black lawyers who were hired instead of my friend (for the two openings he'd applied for) being tasked with (I kid you not about this) serving up Collard Greens and Corn Bread from chafing dishes during the "black history" day of "diversity week". (Others were serving up some kind of soup with ham bone, too, and I actually DID stand in line for hoppin john, because (1) I love peas and rice and (2) it was the only thing not made by the Sodexo corporation and therefore not delivered frozen and heated in advance of the "event".)

Everyone serving food from chafing dishes was pretty goddamned gracious about the stupid-ass questions that almost 25%+ of the building's white people were asking about "what it means to be black in america today" and "Is it okay if I call her your grandmammy on this printed out recipe card I'm taking? that's the right word for this, isn't it" while I was in earshot waiting for my mandatory (the whole department had to go) free lunch.

That shit is fucking twisted, and I don't mean anything about him not getting the job.

White people being discriminated against.

WTF.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Mangina at large.

Reddit is purging subgroups that incite violence. The Nazi group was one of the first to go. The big question is if Reddit will get rid of the Trump subreddit, r/the_donald.

https://gizmodo.com/reddits-next-wav...day-1819849813

Elder Arcanist

I bet they won't. My guess is that they already seriously considered it, and found strong enough reasons to keep it that they added /r/popular and filters on /r/all in part as an alternative to banning t_d.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

I don't really think these white people deserve your scorn. When you consider the fact that no one is a reliable judge of themselves, the fact that their belief is not true is not as important as the fact that they believe it is. You were never going to get accurate numbers from the test subjects themselves.

Our experiences shift our perception of the world, and we all see it differently. Sometimes we are too close to something to see the truth of it, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a reason for this belief.

Edit: Referring to the white people discrimination thing.