Thread: Inexpensive lunches

Inexpensive lunches

I have been getting some decent cash flow going, and as a result, I have been doing the fast food thing for me than the past year while getting lunch at work.

I used to buy all sorts of prepared entrees and microwave them, but i would like to go back to basics.

I am a PB&Jam defender and fan boy, but I do not want to get too much of them.

I prefer to buy expensive nutty, whole-grain breads, so skimping doesnt have to be a necessity, but definitely portability, and making several meals at once is preferred.

Whole package nutriton (part of why i like my PB&J) is desired. I want good sustained energy until dinner.

For lunch, I've been spending about $8 a meal, so if I can get that down to 3 or 4 dollars, including a good drink (like almond milk) that would be great.

I have a fridge and freezer in my shop, so i can store stuff.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Re: Inexpensive lunches

I prefer not to eat a lunch, it slows me down in the afternoon and just seems to be an archaic eating ritual that has you all salivating like Pavlov's dogs when the hour and minute hands meet at 12. I might have some kind of a light breakfast sometimes, but generally I just refuel once when I get home from work, then I work on my hobbies until time for sleep. I don't think human bodies were meant to eat as much as most of us do these days, or as often. It seems to be a body that evolved during hard times. Like maybe an ice age.

Forum Visitor

I usually do a Powerbar or Cliff bar.

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinthalas
    I prefer to buy expensive nutty, whole-grain breads, so skimping doesnt have to be a necessity, but definitely portability, and making several meals at once is preferred.
    I Googled to see what I could find, and one common theme I found was the use of a thermos to make sure you had a warm lunch. Example:

https://www.todaysparent.com/recipes...rmos-lunches/9

This one is aimed at kids, but the principle is the same. You'd get a warm meal, it's portable, and you can make several meals at once. It's just a matter of finding recipes that you'd find tasty which satisfy your financial requirements.