Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: SUPER BOWL, HERE WE COME -- 2017 edition

Re: SUPER BOWL, HERE WE COME -- 2017 edition

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    You've been KO'd in the postseason by, among others, Eli twice, Joe Flacco twice, Mark Sanchez and Geriatric Peyton when he was the worst starting QB in the league that year. You should be terrified right now.
    As long as it's not the Giants, I am not even vaguely afeared. Bortles is intercepted 3 times. Pats contain the run. Brady has 400 and it's off to Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin View Post
    Let's see... you're playing a team with a low-key QB + an excellent defense, partially coached/managed by Tom Coughlin.
    I'm trying to remember if we've seen this movie before...
    Yes, an EXCELLENT defense.... LOL I just watched them give up 42 points to a far inferior offense. This is the playoffs boys and it's gonna be cold. The winds of winter blow and the Jig Jag Biggity Bags are doomed.

Defense has not met the Dark Master and his apprentice Darth Brady. By next Sunday, Belichek will have their families in a basement somewhere and the running lanes will be open.

https://twitter.com/PP_Rich_Hill/sta...40419884765184

"It's incredible that the Patriots, Jaguars, Vikings, and Eagles have a combined 5 Super Bowl victories. Pretty neat.:

Tasty Danish

Nevermind me.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by DmitrytheWizzy View Post
    By next Sunday, Belichek will have their families in a basement somewhere and the running lanes will be open.
    Ok, I can get behind that explanation. I do belive that the Patriots will come out on top, and meet the Vikings in the Super Bowl. But we'll see.

Elder Arcanist

It's crazy. I have no idea how the noise suddenly increased after the catch, since I assume that every single Vikings fan were ALREADY screaming their lungs out when he caught it. Amazing!
    I know that during the game I saw the jumbotron screen flash the message: "QUIET! OFFENSE AT WORK." or something very similar. I'm thinking the crowd might quiet down a bit during the signal calls when the Vikings have the ball, but that's just a guess without actually having been there.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Tasty Danish

I'm actually rooting for a Vikings-Pats Superbowl (sorry, resident Eagles fans! ).
    The stories are amazing:

* First team to play the Super Bowl in their home stadion.
    * First Super Bowl for the Vikings if they win.
    * First player with 6 rings if the Pats win.
    * Tom Brady is the GOAT/a cheater/Giselle's plaything/a Health guru/a system QB/insert a thousand other speculations here.
    * Bill Belichick is the GOAT/a cheater/Tom's plaything/a Clothing guru/The Dark Lord himself/insert a thousand other speculations here.

Elder Arcanist

I'm actually rooting for a Vikings-Pats Superbowl (sorry, resident Eagles fans! ).

* Tom Brady is the GOAT/a cheater/Giselle's plaything/a Health guru/a system QB/insert a thousand other speculations here.
    I'd be ok with being Giselle's plaything.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Bonlainy View Post
    I'd be ok with being Giselle's plaything.
    It's really fun to think about that. To most of the world, he's just Gisele BŁndchen's husband. Period.
    Some may have heard that he plays that odd American sport, but that's about it.

I wonder what would have higher ratings, a Super Bowl with or without the pats. Boston/RI is an enormous TV market, But on the other hand JAX being in the big one against Vikings or Eagles would be so unexpected that you might gain extra viewers.

Not that such is possible as long as its the Brady Bunch running New England. I am pretty sure Boston would flip full Republican before a Brady Bunch pats do not go to another Super Bowl.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    ó Jerry Seinfeld

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    I wonder what would have higher ratings, a Super Bowl with or without the pats.
    Any option that does not include Jacksonville will have better ratings than one that does. Sorry, that's just the way it is, northern Florida.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    Any option that does not include Jacksonville will have better ratings than one that does. Sorry, that's just the way it is, northern Florida.
    This is correct.