Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394
Results 1,861 to 1,878 of 1878

Thread: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Re: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Again...
    And you all thought I was nuts and full of shit?!
    US politics is like a frikkin bunch of nasty 5 year olds...with nukes!
    WHOOPEEEEE!

No prison can hold me!

Re: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade-T-E View Post
    Again...
    And you all thought I was nuts and full of shit?!
    US politics is like a frikkin bunch of nasty 5 year olds...with nukes!
    WHOOPEEEEE!
    All politics everywhere is awful. I'm just hoping we can purge enough of the bullshit on all sides in the next few years to get things back on something akin to an even keel.
    ------------------------------------------
    I *AM* the Chinpokomon master!

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Why do people say politics is awful? Discourse and the exchange of ideas is a good thing, even when it's framed in disparagement, dishonesty and hypocrisy. It doesn't have to be civil to be worthwhile.

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Schezar
    Last time it took the Holocaust and vast devastation across the world to push change...and then that change got warped/broken

This time...our time our civilization, maybe oir species' existence, is at stake

When I suggest "heads on pikes" I'm serious cause I cannot see any other way to clear out the Aegean Stables
    Proof being the vast gerrymandering in both US and UK, and then fucking idiots think "democracy will fix it!"...like trying to fix three flat tyres from.inside the car with no spare at all
    Sigh

And assholes support the gerrymandering, racism, war etc even after the example the Nazis burned into our psyches, or should have
    Blech

Decent people just want.to get on with life and hate all that nasty bickering squabble
    But only ordinary folks can sort.it

We.need a permanent end to "nobles", the Elite or whatever, they are always the menace in any system and Trump proves it

No prison can hold me!

Quote Originally Posted by PPatty View Post
    Why do people say politics is awful? Discourse and the exchange of ideas is a good thing, even when it's framed in disparagement, dishonesty and hypocrisy. It doesn't have to be civil to be worthwhile.
    Asks why it's awful, lists the awful parts. Ppatty everyone, let's give him a hand...

No prison can hold me!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade-T-E View Post
    Schezar
    Last time it took the Holocaust and vast devastation across the world to push change...and then that change got warped/broken

This time...our time our civilization, maybe oir species' existence, is at stake

When I suggest "heads on pikes" I'm serious cause I cannot see any other way to clear out the Aegean Stables
    Proof being the vast gerrymandering in both US and UK, and then fucking idiots think "democracy will fix it!"...like trying to fix three flat tyres from.inside the car with no spare at all
    Sigh

And assholes support the gerrymandering, racism, war etc even after the example the Nazis burned into our psyches, or should have
    Blech

Decent people just want.to get on with life and hate all that nasty bickering squabble
    But only ordinary folks can sort.it

We.need a permanent end to "nobles", the Elite or whatever, they are always the menace in any system and Trump proves it
    Gerrymandering is used by all sides, so it's just a tool. I'd love to see all districts be required to be in equal square miles and all quadrangles except at the state's borders, and even then the internal lines would be straight to facilitate quadrangling all the others. 9 districts in Colorado? Neat. 2 horizontal and 2 vertical lines and have a nice day. The problem there is that it becomes like the EC in that smaller populations get an oversized voice. There is no realistic way to fix it.

Racism is another fun one in today's climate. Plenty of it around, just not as much on the side everyone says it is. The real racists will never admit to it, because it's one of their favorite attacks to use. Too bad they spent the past 4 years rendering it toothless. Same with fascism and Nazi-ism. Take a look at what is going on with Tommy Robinson, it's not just our side of the pond that this insanity is infecting.

This is all just treating symptoms at the end of the day, though. The biggest problem noone is talking about is overpopulation. Africa and Asia in particular, with South America starting to get in on that action. We are long past the point where the earth can happily sustain everyone, and as with all big resource issues, it will become a war sooner or later. Trade wars for now (not that they ever stopped), and missiles flying type wars soon to follow if certain government types (Communism) choose to go down the hard way.

Humans are greedy assholes one and all. It's literally in our DNA. As long as there is a system, there will be people gaming it.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran View Post
    Why do I get the feeling Trump leaked this himself, just to have an excuse to fire him?
    I was thinking along the same lines. Interesting tidbit from today, though; NYT editors gave a defense of their Rosenstein story which contained this tidbit:

...the result of reporting over months with dozens of interviews and not the result of a “leak” — which rarely happens despite how movies often depict reporting.

Without violating anonymity, throughout our reporting, there was no indication that the White House was aware of Mr. Rosenstein’s suggestions, or what was in the memos.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/27/r...reporting.html

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Quote Originally Posted by Schezar View Post
    Asks why it's awful, lists the awful parts.
    Got something better to replace politics?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
    Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.

No prison can hold me!

Got something better to replace politics?
    Acknowledging politics is awful doesn't require having a better alternative.

Mangina at large.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

Acknowledging politics is awful doesn't require having a better alternative.
    It is required for an acknowledgement to be worth acknowledging.

No prison can hold me!

It is required for an acknowledgement to be worth acknowledging.
    A lamentation doesn't require acknowledgement.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

A lamentation doesn't require acknowledgement.
    Two things:

* This one got an acknowledgement anyway, thus starting this whole derail.

* Lamentations are typically triggered by loss. But there's nothing lost here: Politics has always had a certain lack of civility, and in fact, it's been much worse in the past.

No prison can hold me!

Two things:

* This one got an acknowledgement anyway, thus starting this whole derail.

* Lamentations are typically triggered by loss. But there's nothing lost here: Politics has always had a certain lack of civility, and in fact, it's been much worse in the past.
    Requiem for a dream.

Elder Arcanist

In an interview Thursday with Fox News, President Trump suggested House Intelligence Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes should receive a 'Medal of Freedom' in his handling of the Russia probe.

Mangina at large.

He couldn't help himself.

Elder Arcanist

I have literally heard nobody that has said Ivanka would be good for the job... just that they expected him to nominate her.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Ackar View Post
    IMO, the only reason Nunes is pushing back so hard against the Russia Investigation is that he's afraid of being caught up in it. The more he does, the more I'm convinced that he's as deep into all this as Trump is