Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30707677787980
Results 1,581 to 1,592 of 1592

Thread: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Re: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    Riiiiight they so were not pushed or tossed. In Russia when a reporter dies of anything other than old age odds are Putin had them killed.
    or rather, whoever is the "shadow behind the throne"

I'm not sure whether the idea of:

a) "Putin as single dictator"
    or
    b) "cabal of ex-KGB higher ups have the real power"
    or
    c) "have some of the Russian mobsters/oligarchs really got control of it?"

is the most scary, ick :/

but hey at least we KNOW they murder folk!

over here and in America, they just have "Bizarre gardening accidents", or shoot yourself twice in the back of the head with a pistol, or there is a lemming like desire amongst financiers...or a dozen radio engineers from the same company all suicide within a few years and several drive their cars filled with dozens of tanks of petrol into walls...or female police officers get shot from the rear at JUST the right time to change public opinion to allow US bombers to bomb Libya...a popular female TV presenter gets gunned down in broad daylight and a mentally disturbed guy is fitted up and treated like shit even after he's finally released since he wasn't the bloody killer and they knew it
    etc etc

one knows what to expect with a thug (Russia)
    it's the hypocrisy and wilful ignorance that's worse (West)
    :/

Forum Arcanist

Re: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran View Post

Yesterday, a report came out that the Enquirer paid a doorman at a Trump hotel in New York $30,000 to keep quiet about a rumor of an illegitimate Trump child. No idea if that'll pan out to anything or not, but it's out there.
    Thats from a couple years ago, its not new, its just being recycled as new by the oh so very trustworthy media. The Enquirer didnt pay him to keep quiet- they paid him for the story, then figured out it was bullshit so they didnt run it and released him from the contract. Think carefully what it says when the Enquirer has more journalistic integrity...

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by VariaVespasa View Post
    Thats from a couple years ago, its not new, its just being recycled as new by the oh so very trustworthy media. The Enquirer didnt pay him to keep quiet- they paid him for the story, then figured out it was bullshit so they didnt run it and released him from the contract. Think carefully what it says when the Enquirer has more journalistic integrity...
    My impression was that the Enquirer bought the story and buried it, the same way they did with the McDougal/Trump story

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

or what about Trump and his friend, Jeffrey Epstein the convicted paedophile?
    funny how all those allegations went away....

Elder Arcanist

Maybe Cohen is really, really good at being a "fixer"

Maybe instead of "Better Call Saul", it's like "Better Phone Cohen" (closest rhyme I could get )

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran View Post
    Maybe instead of "Better Call Saul", it's like "Better Phone Cohen" (closest rhyme I could get )
    I like it, works well.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Elder Arcanist

Purely on a legal angle not something that could happen. Could they override him and hold the vote anyway?
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Buckeye Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    Could they override him and hold the vote anyway?
    Negative. He alone decides what reaches the floor.
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

Forum Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Nerkahia View Post
    Negative. He alone decides what reaches the floor.
    Because that is how a democracy should work. RIGHT?!
    The more I learn the more I realize I have yet to learn.

Buckeye Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Arinath View Post
    Because that is how a democracy should work. RIGHT?!
    Heh. Rules of the Senate have *sort* of worked for the last 230 years or so. I blame this more on the stupidity / racism of the American people.

Elections have consequences.

Midterms look to be encouraging though.

Most Republicans seem to be resigning or just dropping out lol.
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

Elder Arcanist

Saw that last night. There's also a move underfoot to justify firing Rosenstein. Apparently Nunes and some others on the House intelligence committee are demanding that he turn over Comey's memos to them. Problem is, those are evidence in Mueller's investigation and Rosenstein can't legally turn them over to the committee (at least that's the way it sounds). When he refuses, is this a pretext for them to let Trump fire Rosenstein?