Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849

Thread: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Elder Arcanist

Re: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    So this is apparently the context for Tillerson calling Trump a moron:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...arsenal-report

Tillerson was right.
    edit: whoops, misread your post. Just another source for the same thing here.

And some context to Tillerson's comment:

At [a] July 19 meeting, according to senior administration officials, Trump asked military leaders to fire the commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan and compared their advice to that of a New York restaurant consultant whose poor judgment cost a business valuable time and money.

Two people familiar with the discussion said the Situation Room meeting, in which the president’s advisers anticipated he would sign off on a new Afghanistan strategy, was so unproductive that the advisers decided to continue the discussion at the Pentagon the next day in a smaller setting where the president could perhaps be more focused. “It wasn’t just the number of people. It was the idea of focus,” according to one person familiar with the discussion. The thinking was: “Maybe we need to slow down a little and explain the whole world” from a big-picture perspective, this person said.
    It was after the followup meeting, on July 20, that Tillerson called Trump a fucking moron. It's unclear which moronic Trump behavior prompted the remark, but the meeting did include Trump stating his desire for us to drastically increase our nuclear weapon stockpile.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...eaders-n809701
    Last edited by Deabn; October 11th, 2017 at 08:51 AM.

Re: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

increase it?

Because being able to execute Exterminatus two times over is not enough.

In what logical reason would we ever need MORE nuclear weapons? Heck he cannot even bring up North Korea since well you can likely nuke anything important there with a single ICBM with a MIRV on top.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/918296242660302848

Is Trump really claiming that the U.S. national debt is dropping because the stock market went up? Is he really that stupid?

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran View Post

Is Trump really claiming that the U.S. national debt is dropping because the stock market went up? Is he really that stupid?
    It doesn't matter if it's true or not. One it's in a tweet, it's the gospel truth for his followers.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Mangina at large.

Adding government debt to shareholder value. This moron math is complicated. In the real world, US debt is up, although not much (relatively speaking):

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41596847

Elder Arcanist

Our national debt is larger than our GDP, we've run a deficit every year since 2001, and a large one in recent years, yet the GOP and Trump are pushing fucking tax cuts.

of course he is.

Hes also taking credit for the rising markets. Tbh the only stocks surging should be defense stocks, Trump will start a war eventually and that will need things that go boom and things that deliver the boom goer to its target.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    of course he is.

Hes also taking credit for the rising markets. Tbh the only stocks surging should be defense stocks, Trump will start a war eventually and that will need things that go boom and things that deliver the boom goer to its target.
    The problem is, I'm afraid the war he starts will be nuclear... and it'll be over before we'd have time to cash in our stock profits, or we won't be around to cash them in

Elder Arcanist

Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump and Systemic Sexism: A Closer Look

Elder Arcanist

Well, crap... looks like we'll never get rid of Trump:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7996341.html

He said once Republicans "start bailing on him, the stage is set" for impeachment."

Asked if Republicans would go that far, the senator replied: "Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them.

"They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill."
    Robert Reich thinks that the Republicans will start impeachment proceedings once their tax bill passes... they can't pass wind right now, how they gonna pass this crappy POS tax bill?

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

The problem is, I'm afraid the war he starts will be nuclear... and it'll be over before we'd have time to cash in our stock profits, or we won't be around to cash them in
    and for all my loathing of the American political asshole mess we see, I don't want a ghastly war that could start, be it NK, or worse, Russia and/or China.
    Too much loathing for ruin and chaos such asshattery causes,, too many friends and family that could get ganked etc, hell I wouldn't even want Satan's Gnome nuked
    the human cost would be vile and even if it's "just" the NK's it would likely bring down the world economy if those loons let off WMD

with NK you have the base issue
    is the NK leadership really acting a part or are they really crazy/zealots?
    hell, just acting the part can lead to actual craziness or minions believing it and firing missiles "for their country's honour!"

I genuinely fear they'd be crazy enough to have WMD smuggled in and unleash havoc in US cities.
    I'm not going to say what I suspect is possible in case they damn well do it (and I'm not merely talking about simply smuggling a nuke in a cargo container bad as that would be),
    focusing only on ICBMs is IMHO, foolish

I'm sorry but Americans in general don't seem in general to get how different other cultures can think and view things, hence part of the catalogue of fuck ups in recent decades.
    When you have a fuck up like Trump in charge, this makes the risk of catastrophic war from sheer misunderstandings SKY ROCKET

also, Americans as a culture (again generality, caveat etc) don't get the real risk of war, because America has never been slaughtered, bombed flat etc
    Even Sherman's "march to the Sea" was by most standard, extremely humane.
    The Russians in particular have REAL frikkin issues because of their repeated history of butcheries on their land, and the Chinese have less compunction about leaving dead in colossal amounts to achieve an aim than we do.

Some enemies do need fought, but having the leadership in the hands of vermin like Trump and the GOP at such times is utterly insane risk.
    Trump wanting more nukes other day, ye gods!
    it really is playing Russian Roulette, and eventually, the hammer will fall on a loaded chamber

lol with my love of alt history etc...fact is, we may be just lucky enough to be alive because we are in a timeline where the nukes didn't fly etc, and around us, millions of other Earth's are wastelands.
    it's actually not as crazy as it sounds but betting on staying in that "goldilocks zone" is stupid.
    "Mad Max" is as plausible a future as "2001"
    Last edited by Silverblade-T-E; October 13th, 2017 at 05:24 AM.