Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

I haven't read it yet, but Kotaku did a story on what went wrong with Mass Effect if anyone is interested.

Kotaku - The Troubled Story Behind Mass Effect's Five Year Development

take it with a grain of salt I am hearing the last Kotaku articles have lots of clickbait to them.

Though I do fully believe the stuff about Frostbite because DAI had issues too. Frostbite is an FPS engine not really meant for anything complex other than pretty guns and high frame rates.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Kotaku's clickbait tends to depend on the writer. Schreier has a decent reputation for writing actual articles. I want to the worst is behind them, but I stopped visiting regularly a long time ago and can't say for certain.
    Last edited by Wool; June 9th, 2017 at 10:14 PM.

Elder Arcanist

I read a similar article from another source. I'm not sure where the original came from but somebody is copying

Nothing really shocking is revealed as the issues they had in development were glaringly apparent in the game itself. It really is too bad because there is a great game buried in there but too many changes in leadership and understaffing didn't provide enough time to provide the polish the game desperately needed. It's unusual for BioWare to drop the ball like this as they are usually so reliable. It would be like Naughty Dog deciding to half staff the development of Last of Us 2.

I was reading some things about Shrerier that he has a shitpost history at times.
    http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.p...4358#msg284358

non verified IMO but honestly I think lots of MEA stuff lately has been clickbait with interlaced facts. I most certainly believed they tried some things that were too ambitious before scaling back and that they were forced to use Frostbite instead of staying on Unreal(all previous ME games have been some flavor of Unreal Engine).

Problem is Frostbite has no RPG toolchains for character management, animation, large worlds, etc. So I lay some blame on EA too. I would not be shocked if EA is who pressured to try and open world it. EA is not innocent at all in trying to force concepts onto games even if said concept is not really compatible.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Kotaku is sort of the modern equivalent to one of those newspapers that borders on being a gossip rag. They want to break a story first, and they don't care who they piss off in the process. Look past the click baiting and you will see that they have a history of being black listed by companies for leaking information those companies didn't want getting out. There is even an achievement referencing Kotaku (Schreier specifically) in Prey if you read all the emails in the game.

P.S. The article is good. I can't sense anything untoward about it.