Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
Results 1,081 to 1,086 of 1086

Thread: The Trump Policies and Plans Thread.

Re: The Trump Policies and Plans Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    Trump wants fewer protests in D.C.:

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...es-on-protests
    the funny thing is Trump sees this as a win but the truth is its a loss for him and the GOP because if they lose in 2020 it means they have now stonewalled their own protests. And you can bet Trump will be crying when his domestic terrorist friends at the KKK have to pay up to wave their tiki torches around DC.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist

"Mr. President, the people have a right to protest"
    "But they say mean things about me! Make them pay!!"

No prison can hold me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gidizlo View Post
    That's your read of the absolute worst case, assuming Ford wasn't lying?

Justice Kegstand was not "rejected" for a clumsy teenage overture. He was accused of forcing a fifteen year old girl on a bed, putting his hand over her mouth (to quiet her, although his "I Was a Teenage [self-admitted] Alcoholic" friend had already turned up the music) and trying to strip her. His good friend Mark joined 'Bart' on the bed, too. Mark jumping on the bed is what accidentally shifted Brett's weight such that Dr. Ford was able to wiggle out from underneath him and escape.

That is Dr. Ford's story. Your summary makes me think you didn't read anything at all or listen to her testimony.

That is why charges of attempted rape entered the conversation. Are you part of the crowd going along with the evangelical spin of the incident "Brett Kavanaugh respected that girl's wishes, otherwise he'd have raped her. Therefore, no crime happened and our guy was a gentleman falsely accused!"???
    I don't doubt something bad happened to Dr. Ford at some point. But yeah, even if all that was 100% accurate no crime happened. She wasn't raped. She had an intense encounter that could have gone that way, but it didn't. End of story.

Feinstein wanted to torpedo Kavanaugh to stick it to Trump and drum up political theater. She played dirty, and it backfired in spectacular fashion.
    ------------------------------------------
    I *AM* the Chinpokomon master!

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Schezar View Post
    I don't doubt something bad happened to Dr. Ford at some point. But yeah, even if all that was 100% accurate no crime happened. She wasn't raped. She had an intense encounter that could have gone that way, but it didn't. End of story.

Feinstein wanted to torpedo Kavanaugh to stick it to Trump and drum up political theater. She played dirty, and it backfired in spectacular fashion.
    According to her story, they forced her into a room and locked the door. Then Kavanaugh pushed her onto the bed and jumped on top of her, clamping his hand over her mouth while he groped her and tore at her clothing.

Assault (threat of bodily harm)? Battery (physically hitting or attacking someone)? Kidnapping (seizing or detaining a person against their will)? Sexual assault (intentionally sexually touching another person against their will)?

I am not a lawyer, but those sound like crimes to me...

Elder Arcanist

Idiot Trump had an ~interesting~ interview on 60 minutes. The morning shows have had plenty to talk about.

Elder Arcanist

I'm waiting for some reporter to throw up his/her hands during one of these interviews and say "F it! I can't take the bullshit any more!" and walk out

So now, it doesn't matter if Ford's story is true or not because "we won!" What an asshole!