View Poll Results: How does the post election play out?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Wins - Trump sues

5 38.46%
  • Hillary Wins - Trump incites violence (but concedes)

7 53.85%
  • Trump Wins - Hillary has a stroek

0 0%
  • Trump Wins - Hillary concedes gracefully

0 0%
  • Meteor wins - concession not needed

1 7.69%

Thread: Election Results

Elder Arcanist

Election Results

I could have included Trump concedes gracefully, but I would have a STROKE if he did that.
    Last edited by jaly; November 8th, 2016 at 05:43 AM.

Buckeye Wizard

Re: Election Results

Yeah, I think Hillary's got this. Trump's a douche.
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

I don't think Trump will incite violence on any scale. He'll babble some shit, but the people that support him won't do shit.
    "Complaining is the modern metagame" - BNet forums

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Supposedly he has had his twitter account taken away, so he might not even do that. I think his staff either anticipated a meltdown, or didn't want him constantly growing new feet to stick in his mouth.

I've got a third possibility: Trump loses, quietly disappears. I have to wonder if the pressure and anxiety has gotten to him yet. He might (might) wash his hands of the entire thing and just go back to being a rich guy. Find something he can say he won and conveniently forget this ever happened.

I'm going to say this is a possibility if he is resoundingly beaten though. If there is the slightest bit of wiggle room for him to contest it, he likely will.
    Last edited by Wool; November 8th, 2016 at 05:56 PM.

This poll makes most of us look really stupid.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Oh we don't need a poll for that!

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Ehh, the polls came out to say she would win between 2 in 3 times, to ~4 in 5 times. Both of those still leave a lot of room for a Trump win, especially if he loses the Popular vote.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

I was prepared for the possibility, but I didn't think it would really happen.

Elder Arcanist

Can I change my vote to meteor?
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Elder Arcanist

I voted Johnson because it was quicker than writing in meteor...

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

In a few thousand years the sun is going to get bigger and swallow us whole anyway, which is sort of like a meteor!

#YesAllCats
    Blog Entries

Hillary Wins - Trump sues
    Hillary Wins - Trump incites violence (but concedes)
    Trump Wins - Hillary has a stroek
    Trump Wins - Hillary concedes gracefully
    Meteor wins - concession not needed
    The actual result was:

Trump wins - Hillary does not concede gracefully, left-wing has a collective meltdown and Soros incites violence.

It would be funny if the direction this country is headed was not so terrifying. The intellectuals and thought-leaders on the left and in the media have had 8 years of Obama to engage in and promote civil engagement with the intellectual right and reign in their own identity-obsessed extremist progressives. They've had 8 years to demonstrate benevolence and push agendas in only accordance with liberal principles like free speech, tolerance, open-mindedness, and non-aggression. Instead they have doubled-down on propaganda, dishonesty, and abused every shred of authority and economic advantage they could get hold of to zealously drive their ideological narratives. The moderates have consistently covered for these radicals, letting them run amok while using them for their own political ends. They ignore or mock the victims crying about injustice and freaze peech, merely because they're ideological opponents. The party establishment has even (as was proven by Project Veritas) deliberately instigated the craziest ones to incite real violence for political ends.

Eamin says the best thing that came out of this election was repudiation of the identity politics on the left. Be that as it may, I think it is too late for that. The alt-right is already far too cohesive and determined to finish the war that the SJWs started. While I'm willing to bet Trump is more moderate than any of you imagine, even he may not be able to do much to stop the alt-right now that it has momentum. Now, the left-wing media will have a real enemy again and so now they'll believe they're extra double-plus justified in using lies, propaganda, censorship, and other dirty tricks to defeat the alt-right. The two sides will keep fighting and will keep dragging other people into it.

The only way out of this mess is for the people with power and influence (big money and media) to start practicing truth, honesty, sincerity, integrity, objectivity, justice, and real tolerance; and for the people themselves to demand it. But that will never happen. What's happening now is just more self-serving narratives. Now the media is pushing "fake news." Beware the fake news! But what they're really doing is just trying to silence competition, and it's not going to work. That will just be yet another escalation in this culture war and the alt-media will just answer with their own counter-attack. It's just going to keep escalating. Remember, the ctrl-left has ALREADY engaged in political violence in the US. In Europe, where the foolhardy progressive open-borders policies and emotional blackmail by the media led to the migrant crisis (which can also be blamed on Hillary and Obama for destabilizing Syria and Libya), the increasingly desperate far right is also turning to criminal activity. If no one in power is willing to cut it out with the partisan bullshit (and COMMIT to the neutrality rather than just sneak back into one-sided propaganda (eg Snopes, The Daily Show)) then this is going to keep escalating.

This is fucking bad. Trump is not bad. Seriously, he is not that bad. It could be so much worse. In fact it WILL be so much worse if the ivory bubble left doesn't pull its god damn head out of its ass yesterday. In fact, it may be already too late.
    Last edited by Goladus; November 27th, 2016 at 09:03 PM.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Is reading something you're incapable of, or just an ability you choose not to practice?

They are taking part in the recount, but they made it clear that they don't expect the results to change. Since a recount is happening, they will be part of the process, that's all.

"Because we had not uncovered any actionable evidence of hacking or outside attempts to alter the voting technology, we had not planned to exercise this option ourselves**, but now that a recount has been initiated in Wisconsin, we intend to participate in order to ensure the process proceeds in a manner that is fair to all sides."
    Source :https://medium.com/@marceelias/liste...a39#.89x0kosuo

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

Wait what? Did not concede gracefully? Goladus, you are in way too deep and are not being objective. You sound just as crazy as the liberals convinced the world is going to end any moment now.

P.S. Fake news is not a new problem, but it certainly is a problem. The media talking about it while trying to make sense of things is not some kind of conspiracy. We don't really need people voting for friggin' wolf boy in 2020.
    Last edited by Wool; November 29th, 2016 at 06:34 AM.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Goladus View Post
    The actual result was:
    <stuff>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrWoG8IckyE

Buckeye Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Niellya View Post
    That was freaking awesome lol!

Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E